As Maintenance Technician at the Cliff Lodge you will perform the maintenance and repairs required to keep the Cliff Lodge in the good condition expected by its owners and guests.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain swimming pool and Jacuzzi water clarity, proper chemical balances and clean, well-kept appearance.
- Perform snow removal, clearing fire exits, pathways and other designated areas in a timely and continuous manner.
- Repair or replace broken kitchen appliances.
- Maintain and repair a broad range of lamps and light fixtures.
- Clear clogged drains with appropriate tool choice of power snake, hand snake, plunger or drain cleaner.
- Diagnose and resolve Safelok electronic lock failures. Diagnose commercial video system problems and resolve with necessary component exchanges.
- Respond to all owner and guest requests in a polite, patient, professional and timely manner.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a clean Motor Vehicle record and valid driver license.
- Must have maintenance-related work experience and /or training.
- Requires mechanical skills and some dexterity.
- Requires basic math skills, as well as basic mechanical, electrical, plumbing and carpentry skills.
- Demonstrate basic competency in reading, writing, simple arithmetic and interpersonal communications.
- Must be reliable, mature and able to work with minimal supervision. Requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval.
- Requires some problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations.
- Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
- Specific Shift: Must be available to work various shifts any day of the week. Schedule may vary and include 7:00 am-3:00 pm, 8:00 am-4:00 pm or 3:00 pm-11:00 pm.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 75+ lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Work is outdoors and requires constant exposure to cold and other extreme weather conditions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
- Other/Additional: May be required to work in boiler room, closets, tunnels and similar small, cramped spaces.
- Uses all types of equipment, both manual and powered tools, including drills, sanders, router, planer, power saws, drain snakes, electric meters, calculators and computers.
- Uses pool equipment such as test kits, brushes, vacuum filters, hoses, pumps and electric cover.
- Operates Snowbird vehicles and all snow removal equipment including gas, diesel, electric and manual.
- Responsible for the proper care of all lodge and departmental equipment, tools, snow blowers and vehicles.
- Direct and continuous contact with guests.
- Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management and other departments.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/