Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Under the direction of the Hotel Manager. Assists in the performance and supervision of all aspects of maintenance and building repair of the building.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the daily operation and staff supervision of Maintenance. Provide direction and management for Maintenance.
- Provide outstanding guest service. Receiving guest complaints and the resolution of said complaints.
- Manage budgeted expenses consistent with business levels and/or maintenance needs.
- Implement and monitor preventative maintenance programs and safety training.
- Maintains timely and accurate paperwork practices.
- Research and update maintenance procedures and equipment. Research current industry trends.
- Assists with snow removal
- Travel: Occasional travel to/from the resort.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree in related field. Additional related work experience may be substituted for education.
- 1-2 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid Driver License w/ clean MVR (driving record).
- General comprehension and ability in working safely with hand and small power tools.
Skills & Knowledge
- May require the ability to apply mathematical skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be proficient in mechanical skills and hotel management.
- Requires problem-solving initiation of less clearly defined job activities.
- Makes relatively complex decisions regarding the resolution of customer complaints.
- Decisions are made within broad procedural guidelines.
- Discretionary judgement must be used to interpret mechanical problems and choose a solution satisfactory to all involved.
- May require significant input into major decisions affecting the policies and procedures within the Maintenance and Rooms Division operations.
- Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
- Specific shifts: a combination of 7 am to 3 pm or 2 pm to 10 pm shifts
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Work is outdoors and requires constant exposure to cold and other extreme weather conditions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
- Other/Additional: Stress may occur with large workload and long hours, deadlines, staff turnover, meetings and attending to details of functions. Must have the ability to work in a flexible and high volume environment. Needs the ability to make decisions quickly on guest and employee issues.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/
Related Jobs (3)
Maintenance Worker on June 7, 2023 Full Time
Engineer on May 26, 2023
Maintenance Engineer on January 15, 2023 Full Time Part Time