POSITION TITLE: Night Auditor
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager/ AGM/GM
JOB SUMMARY: Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and, on a daily basis, summarizes and compiles information for the hotel’s financial records. Tracks room revenue, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics.
Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel’s financial performance for the day. Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts including guest transactions not posted during the day by the front office cashier. Acts as overnight front desk agent.
- Posts room charges and taxes to guest accounts.
- Processes guest charges voucher and credit card vouchers.
- Post charges to the guest accounts that have not been posted or were incurred on the night audit shift.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Checks to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments.
- To verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted and allocated into PMS system.
- Is able to function as a front desk agent especially in terms of check-in and check-out procedures.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Prepare of End of day procedure.
- Must have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Balance the day’s charges, making corrections as necessary.
- Understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Operate hotel PMS and other front office equipment.
- Respond to guest needs, special requests and complaints and alert the appropriate manager as needed.
- Other duties as required or assigned by member of management.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time as customary in a hotel front office environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Minimum one year of hotel front desk experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=e409d1e0-cef7-4375-8075-9a7a41435adf&ccId=9200132507575_2&jobId=425643&source=CC3&lang=en_US