The bell staff is the first person a guest sees when arriving a The Lodge at Blue Sky and the last person they see when departing. They are responsible for being personable, gracious, informative, and anticipatory in regards to all guest needs. The Overnight Bell Staff are responsible for assisting with transportation needs during their shift, assisting the Night Manager in any and all physical services required through the shift, monitoring activity on the property by walking the perimeter of The Lodge property, ensuring that vehicles are clean and ready for the next day, and assisting with Front Office and Housekeeping tasks. Examples may include but are not limited to delivering private dining or housekeeping items to guest rooms, restocking office supplies, sanitizing public spaces, moving furniture, cleaning vehicles, inputting guest addresses, stocking housekeeping carts, changing laundry, preparing fireplaces for the next day and ensuring the property is safe.
- Create a genuine, informative, and personalized guest experience.
- Use the guest’s name whenever possible and appropriate.
- Coordinate and execute all guest and resident requests.
- Maintain the fleet of Mercedes both inside and out at all times including vacuuming, cleaning windows, fueling, logging damages, and minor washing
- Valet parking in and out of house guest vehicles
- Handling guest luggage upon arrival and departure
- Delivering messages and amenities from the front desk to guest suites
- Delivering late-night food orders from the kitchen to guest rooms and assisting with any guest complaints received overnight
- Escorting guests who arrive late to their rooms and providing a brief room orientation
- Tracking guest movement throughout the property and communicating with the Night Audit
- Conducting late night and/or early morning guest transfers
- Assisting other departments in need of help moving furniture or other heavy items from one location to another
- Shoveling snow off sidewalks and pathways
- Learning the names, preferences, and planned activities of the guests to anticipate upcoming needs for either transportation or valet pulls
- Inputting guest addresses from ID photos saved in HMS documents to HMS profiles
- Cleaning and stocking Housekeeping golf carts
- Washing/drying and returning cleaning rags to and from the support building
- Learn and utilize Forbes 5-Star and Auberge Standards whenever interacting with guests.
- Maintain complete knowledge of property and other information including the following:
- All facilities/services offered and hours of operation
- All unit types, layout, décor, attributes and locations
- Daily stats, including availability, arrivals, and departures
- Entertainment/special events scheduled on the property and in the area
- Directions to the property from airports and other major landmarks
- General info, descriptions, and directions for local services, restaurants, skiing, hiking and other points of interests.
- Ensure all guest needs are met throughout their stay. Engage guests in a gracious and professional manner as they come in contact with the guest reception area.
- Assist and ensure effective guest challenge resolution. Work closely with fellow guest service associates and other departments to resolve any challenges; ensure follow-through and exceed guest expectations whenever possible.
- Make suggestions for improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest satisfaction, revenue and reducing costs.
- Participate in and support Blue Sky’s efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Front Office Manager or another manager.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with Lodge teammates.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with colleagues and management to their understanding.
- Respect and care for guests and creating a positive memorable experience at Blue Sky.
- Must have a valid United States driver’s license
- Must be 21 years or older
- Clean driving record free of major offenses and/or multiple minor offenses
- Clear criminal record
- Willing to work a mix of shifts including morning, evening, holidays and weekends.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: Reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, climbing, grasping, turning, and lifting.
- Ability to remain standing for extended durations of time.
- Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting the property.
- Respond to the general public and converse with staff.
- Must be able to lift equipment and/or luggage in excess of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to run short distances.
- Critical thinking and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and display comfort in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English with guests, employees, owners, and management both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks seamlessly, prioritizing with utmost care for the guest experience, including balancing operating computer programs, in-person guest needs, and professional telephone interaction.
- Ability to work independently, in an overnight setting.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to be a clear thinker and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of guest information and designated hotel data.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and individuals as part of the team.
- Ability to prioritize and follow up on work assignments.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul. We are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences, and driven to by our purpose of enriching people’s lives. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is nestled between the soaring peaks of Utah’s Wasatch and Uinta mountain ranges, sitting on thousands of acres of some of the world’s most breathtakingly beautiful natural lands just moments from Park City.
The Lodge at Blue Sky believes that our mission to provide luxury with wild abandon to our guests can only be fulfilled by nurturing, valuing, and empowering our employees to be their best selves, and giving our best in return. Our employee culture sets itself apart from other luxury hotels in our genuine appreciation of and respect for our team members, and we are dedicated to providing the best employee experience possible for our team by pairing people with positions that both challenge and enrich them, as well as offering competitive wages and comprehensive benefits.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=tl
Related Jobs (23)
Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn MARRIOTT Provo South University on September 27, 2022 Full Time