The Guest Service Manager is one of the first people guests see upon arriving at The Lodge at Blue Sky, they are often the last person a guest sees before heading to bed and the person people turn to when looking for recommendations on and off the property. The Guest Service Manager provides exceptional service and a warm welcome to all on and off property guests who enter the reception area in accordance with Auberge Resorts and The Lodge at Blue Sky standards. Answer all telephone inquiries professionally, direct calls appropriately, and is knowledgeable about the property and surrounding area. Operates the guest reception area and front desk with accurate and calm efficiency, not limited to organizing guest pre-arrival, check-in, checkout, and billing operations.
The Overnight Manager is responsible to perform the established close of day functions for the resort, spa, and F&B operations and to create the daily status sheet. The Overnight Manager represents management as acting M.O.D. during their hours of duty. The Overnight Manager is granted limited authority to troubleshoot operational issues and guest or associate problems. They are responsible for loss prevention and ensuring the safety and well-being of all people on the property.
- Create a genuine, informative, and personalized guest experience.
- Use the guest’s name whenever possible and appropriate.
- Act according to the policies and procedures established in the associate handbook.
- Maintain complete awareness of facilities, hours of operation, emergency procedures, and rules of conduct.
- Be aware of resort occupancy, restaurant guest count, and private dining or group activities.
- Cooperate with department managers, security, and staff members to promote customer service, the integrity of the Finance department, and the spirit of The Lodge at Blue Sky.
- Complete projects assigned by Rooms Operations Manager/Assistant Director of Finance/and Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Prepare the daily status sheet with consistency and attention to detail.
- Respond to all emergencies as established in the Management Emergency Procedure Guidelines swiftly and confidently.
- Always be prepared to respond immediately to guests arriving late, room service orders, luggage assistance and guests checking out.
- Know how to efficiently check guests in and out while utilizing property standards.
- Escort guests arriving late to their room and provide room orientation.
- Perform all Night Audit tasks as directed to close and reconcile the day’s receipts.
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Green Team program.
- Provide room service and assist guests whenever necessary.
- Maintain familiarity with reservations including checking availability, front desk including billing, and concierge including Blue Sky activities
- Learn and utilize Forbes 5-Star and Auberge Standards whenever interacting with guests.
- Maintain complete knowledge of property and other information including the following:
- All facilities/services offered and hours of operation
- All unit types, layout, décor, attributes, and locations
- Daily stats, including availability, arrivals, and departures
- Entertainment/special events scheduled on the property and in the area
- Directions to the property from airports and other major landmarks
- General info, descriptions, and directions for local services, restaurants, skiing, hiking, and other points of interest.
- Ensure all guest needs are met throughout their stay. Engage guests in a gracious and professional manner as they come in contact with the guest reception area.
- Assist and ensure effective guest challenge resolution. Work closely with fellow guest service associates and other departments to resolve any challenges; ensure follow-through and exceed guest expectations whenever possible.
- Make suggestions for improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest satisfaction, revenue, and reducing costs.
- Provide guests with wake up calls.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Front Office Manager or another manager.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with Lodge teammates.
- Self-confidence and leadership skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting theory.
- Proficient with computers.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year of experience in a cash handling position.
- Critical thinking and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and display comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Clear criminal record
- Excellent service, etiquette, and protocol skills and knowledge.
- Familiarity with Northern Utah (particularly the Park City/Summit County area), its geography, recreation opportunities, restaurants, events, sights, and other places of interest.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English with guests, employees, owners, and management both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks seamlessly, prioritizing with utmost care for the guest experience, including balancing operating computer programs, in-person guest needs, and professional telephone interaction.
- Ability to input and retrieve data from a computer.
- Ability to master multiple programs and operating procedures.
- Ability to learn and perform CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks, in an overnight setting.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to be a clear thinker and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of guest information and designated hotel data.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and individuals as part of the team.
- Ability to prioritize and follow up on work assignments.
- Provides great attention to detail.
Company & Property Description
At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul. We are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences, and driven by our purpose of enriching people’s lives. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=tl