Position Description: Pool Supervisor
Status: Full Time / Seasonal
Reports to: Activities Director
Purpose of Job:
The Pool Supervisor will be responsible for non-Food and Beverage operations at the Talisker Club Pools. This includes both pools at Tuhaye and may expand to the Tower Pool if lifeguarding/swim lessonsis deemed necessary at that location. We aim to create a safe and fun environment at our pools. This includes lifeguards, swim instructors and pool deck.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire and train lifeguards and swim instructors.
- Coordinate lifeguard schedules and take shifts in absence of lifeguards as necessary.
- Work lifeguard shifts weekly.
- Teach swim lessons as needed.
- Coach and counsel lifeguards and provide tools as needed.
- Assure that the pool is opened each day and closed each evening, depending on schedule and hours.
- Maintain a clean environment in and around pool.
- Coordinate with food and beverage manager and team to assure pool deck area is clean.
- Stay connected with facilities department to assure that the pool is clean and report any maintenance issues.
- Monitor pool-related activities closely throughout shift and identify any safety issues, this includes slide and splash pad area.
- Direct swimmers out of the pool in hazardous conditions.
- Monitor weather reports closely to ensure safety of members and guests.
- Be aware of age limit requirements and children who should be accompanied by an adult member.
- Meet and greet members and guests.
- Assist as required with pool parties or special pool events.
- Provide assistance to members and guests when appropriate or necessary.
- Assist in the off-season duties of cleaning equipment, conducting inventory analysis, and relocating equipment and accessories (moving boxes of 50 lbs).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise Lifeguards.
- Create and maintain schedule for lifeguards and instructors.
- Create swim lesson program.
- Ability to address and manage difficult situations properly and professionally with Members and team members.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to endure the environmental elements for extended periods of time.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior private country club or resort experience in a children’s program preferred.
- Two years of lifeguarding and swim instruction
- Valid UT Driver’s License.
- Lifeguarding Certification
- CPR Certification
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude.
- Good personal hygiene and neat appearance.
- Be flexible to an ever-changing work schedule, ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Strong organizational skills
Opportunity to transition to a full-time, year-round position with separate duties in the winter months if there is an interest.
WHERE TO APPLY:
Individuals who meet or exceed the established criteria as detailed in this posting are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Note: Please mark: Pool Supervisor in Subject Line.
Great Culture. Room to transition to year round opportunity. 401k Plan. Employee Meal Program. Reward and Recognition Program.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.taliskerclub.com/careers/