Sorrel River Ranch is a Four Diamond luxury guest ranch located along the scenic Colorado River surrounded by 2,000-foot high cliffs, buttes and mesas. This exclusive 240-acre riverside oasis is 17 miles from Moab, 21 miles from Arches National Park and 43 miles from Canyonlands National Park.
Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is looking for a Front Office Manager to manage our reception area. You will coordinate all front desk activities, including calls, reservations, and guest services. As a front office manager, you should combine a pleasant personality with a dynamic professional attitude to supervise and lead our team.
- To embody the Sorrel standard by exceeding guest expectations in all areas of service.
- You will act as the ‘face’ of our company and ensure visitors receive a heartwarming welcome.
- Manage small and large details related to guest requests and communicate necessary follow-up with pertinent staff.
- Work to further the Sorrel products and services by questioning operational norms, proposing solutions, and striving to innovate and streamline operations.
- Work diligently to execute the Sorrel mission through supporting the Sorrel operations team and stepping up to complete any and all necessary tasks as needed.
- Behave as a leader within the Sorrel hospitality team and encourage and support the team to deliver our products and services to the highest possible standard every day.
- Liaise clearly and calmly with all necessary members of Sorrel.
- Ensure front desk is tidy and has all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and informative leaflets).
- Train, supervise and support office staff, including receptionists, security guards and call center agents.
- Schedule shifts.
- Ensure timely and accurate customer service.
- Handle complaints and specific customers’ requests.
- Troubleshoot emergencies.
- Monitor stock and order office supplies.
- Ensure proper mail distribution.
- Prepare and monitor office budget.
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs.
- Ensure company’s policies and security requirements are met.
- Proven work experience as a Front Office manager or Reception manager of 5 or more years of Management experience in a Front Office for resort or hotel.
- Hands on experience with office machines, PC, POS, Multi Line Phone systems (e.g. fax machines and printers).
- Thorough knowledge of customer service, office management and basic bookkeeping procedures.
- Proficiency in English (oral and written).
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- High ethical standards.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- High School diploma; additional certification is a plus
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Flexible team player.
- Confident, personable, and sophisticated.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, demanding atmosphere.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Health Benefits
- 100% Life insurance
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employee discount for friends and family.
- Employee discount on purchases and adventurers
- Working Advantage – Employee Perks Program
- Affordable Housing at the Ranch
We have limited rental housing available on a first come, first served basis. Starting rate of pay will be based on level of experience.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered. Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://sorrelriver.com/careers