As a Counter Server you will be responsible for taking customer orders, communicating with kitchen and other team members, handling food and beverages, and ensure an accurate accounting of all transactions, collections and disbursements while demonstrating commitment to guest satisfaction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Greet guests and employs suggestive selling techniques to enhance the guest experience and to increase company revenues.
- Take orders and politely repeat them back to customer to ensure satisfaction is met
- Address customer’s questions about menu items in a professional manner
- Handle food and beverages that are requested by customer
- Responsible, as assigned, for food preparation and presentation
- Monitor and help manage the inventory of the kitchen and counter and make sure the food is stocked appropriately
- Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis including bussing tables and maintaining cleanliness of dining areas. Maintains good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property. Follows state policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing and arithmetic with accuracy in math. Must be able to learn menus, be proficient in handling large sums of money and demonstrate ability to multi-task, e.g., ring several checks at once, serve several guests at once while maintaining interactions between other staff and guests.
- Ability to handle, process, maintain and protect guest personal information, including credit card information, in compliance with all company or department policies and procedures according to PCI rules and requirements. This includes privacy and confidentiality, reporting, storage and disposal of sensitive information. Will not share or disclose any guest personal or financial information to anyone unless authorized by the guest, manager or company or unless disclosure is permitted within departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist with other restaurant positions as needed, including busing/cleaning
WHAT YOU WILL NEED DO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Barista experience is a plus
- Great listening and speaking skills
- Food Handler Permit and Alcohol Certification
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age, 21 years of age is preferred
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure
- Shifts vary depending on position location
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work is routine in pleasant, comfortable surroundings.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/