Sorrel River Ranch is a Four Diamond luxury guest ranch located along the scenic Colorado River surrounded by 2,000-foot high cliffs, buttes and mesas. This exclusive 240-acre riverside oasis is 17 miles from Moab, 21 miles from Arches National Park and 43 miles from Canyonlands National Park.
JJ’s Mercantile, located along scenic Highway 128, is a country store reminiscent of days gone by. A one-stop-shop for groceries from farm-fresh vegetables, eggs and butter to daily made bread, treats, snacks and necessities along with curated gifts, camping gear and Sorrel River Ranch and JJ’s Mercantile branded tees and more.
We are seeking a well-rounded Store Clerk to support the functions of JJ’s Mercantile.
- To ensure visitors receive a heartwarming welcome.
- To embody the company standard by exceeding guest expectations in all areas of service.
- Manage small and large details related to guest requests and communicate necessary follow-up with pertinent staff.
- Assist guests with questions regarding retail items including clothing, general retail, and food items
- Responsible for stocking shelves and general cleaning of retail space as needed
- Assist guests with sales of items and upsell when possible
- Responsible for checking guests out and assisting with any purchases made at the store
- Assist with sales of pre-made upscale Grab N Go foods including sandwiches, salads, wraps, pastries, desserts, etc. This may include wrapping sandwiches, boxing/bagging food, pricing them, stocking them on shelves or fridge, etc.
- Ensure timely and accurate customer service.
- The ideal applicant will have FOH and kitchen experience.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to sell the brand (private label).
- Knowledge of MS office products (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint) as well as Google Suite.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Problem-solving skills.
- High School diploma; additional certification is a plus.
- Retail sales experience preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Valid Utah food handler’s card and alcohol serving permit.
- Flexible team player.
- Confident, personable, and sophisticated.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, demanding atmosphere.
- Must be able to pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and reference checks.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficiency in English (oral and written).
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Health Benefits
- 100% Life insurance
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employee discount for friends and family
- Employee discount on purchases and adventurers
- Working Advantage – Employee Perks Program
- Affordable Housing at the Ranch
We have limited rental housing available on a first come, first served basis. Starting rate of pay will be based on level of experience.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered. Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V.
Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa (435) 259-4642 www.sorrelriver.com
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.sorrelriver.com/careers/