Why We’re Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people’s lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You’re here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It’s what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We’re Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you – with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality – is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That’s what we seek out and celebrate. It’s people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don’t need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others’ lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that’s a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you’ll feel it too.
What You’ll Do
As a Room Attendant with Kimpton, you’ll be responsible for cleaning guest rooms and common areas, all the while providing outstanding service to our guests along the way. You’ll act as an advocate for the hotel, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Clean, dust, wax, scrub, polish and service guest rooms daily in line with hotel procedures.
- Replace linens on beds and replenish guest room supplies, empty wastebaskets. Rearrange furnishings, drapes and room accessories.
- Provide necessary linen and amenities to guests in accordance with the guest room legend.
- Leave rooms in uniform arrangement as determined by the Executive Housekeeper and make sure the door is closed and the room is locked.
- Report any damage, hazards, repairs, and strangers in assigned areas.
- Return any items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department as a lost and found item. Log the date, where it was found, description of the item and the name of the person who found it.
- Clean all corridors and service areas. Respond to any projects or requests developed by the Housekeeping management team.
- Responsible for the pass key security and assuring that it is turned in at the close of each shift or according to the specific hotel guidelines.
- Restock the cart at the end of your shift and organize the linen closet to prepare for the next day.
- Report any exceptional and/or unusual circumstances, such as no luggage in a stay-over room, no service needed, sleep-outs, guests smoking in rooms, etc. to the on duty supervisor or manager.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
What You Bring
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred.
- 1 year of experience in customer service or similar role.
- Excellent problem solver with great intuition.
- You genuinely care for the safety and security of the guests.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here opens a pdf file.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/content/us/en/careers