The Doubletree Park City is looking for a driven, highly motivated and charismatic person with the desire to provide Best-In-Class service to join our sales team! The Sales Manager represents the DoubleTree Park City- The Yarrow hotel in the development of new and existing customer relationships while striving to generate and maximize revenue in rooms, catering and event services to achieve and ultimately exceed hotel financial goals.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and fostering business through pro-active direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, appointment calls and tours of the hotel and conference space. The focus of the role will be to develop and execute strategic action plans to drive measurable, incremental group and catering sales revenue. This person will manage contractual agreements pertaining to guest room blocks, meeting space, food and beverage and special concessions. Communication skills are critical to this role as you will serve as the primary liason between multiple departments to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our clients. The position will be required to participate in overall hotel management activities and duties.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Seek out, identify, develop and maintain strong client relationships, promptly follow-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various sales and marketing efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, internet websites, mailings, referrals, property tours, networking, etc.); maximize room revenue to meet/exceed goals.
- Manage group sales, including identifying potential new group business, negotiating room nights and rates in alignment with the hotel’s overall revenue strategy.
- Prepare proposals, contracts, and hotel collateral.
- Participate in industry-related professional organizations, attending networking events, trade shows, and participation in regional sales trips, as needed.
- Work with revenue generation team to assure maximum utilization of guest rooms and meeting space.
- Coordinate the passing of files for new bookings to Conference Services Manager.
- Conduct on-site property tours, entertaining clients on and off property in a professional, businesslike manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of competition and trends in the market.
- Complete weekly productivity reports.
- Compile objective and measurable data and produce weekly productivity reports.
- Maintain the integrity of sales management and property management systems including; Salesforce (Delphi), ONQ, and R&I.
- Maintain files, records and reporting as it pertains to: budgets, contacts, planning activities, timelines, contracts, purchase orders and post-meeting notes
- Implement and achievement of quarterly goals and hotel annual budget and marketing plan.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with The DoubleTree standards as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel. Evenings and weekend may be required when group events or clients in house.
- Maintain professional image at all times through appearance and adhering to dress code standards of personal appearance and grooming.
- Participate in hotel committees, MOD program and task force assignments.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of hotel group and catering sales experience.
- Knowledge of sales tools and techniques in the hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of Hilton property management systems preferred, not mandatory
- Experience in working with sales contact management systems (i.e., Salesforce, Delphi FTC, SalesPro) and other contact management applications.
- Experience in in utilizing RFP management systems (i.e., MeetingBroker, Delphi FTC, and CVENT)
- Strong business communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet quick deadlines for multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong understanding of negotiation and interpretation of contracts.
- Strong understanding of event management with knowledge of banquet room setups and procedures.
- Basic understanding of Audio/Visual set up as pertaining to event management.
- Ability to professionally communicate and work with internal and external customers
- Ability to adapt to changing work environments
- Ability to quickly evaluate situations and provide alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Ability to collect accurate information to solve problems effectively.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for employees as well as guests.
The Doubletree Park City is an EEO employer, passionately aligned with Hilton Worldwide’s long standing tradition of diversity and inclusion towards team members and guests.
Easily apply with your profile or directly by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com