At Grand America Hotels & Resorts, we are devoted to a tradition of excellence, providing memorable experiences, beautiful backdrops, and genuine service. Established in 1952 by the Holding family, the Grand America Hotels & Resorts’ distinctive collection includes The Grand America Hotel (Salt Lake City, Utah,) Sun Valley Resort (Sun Valley, Idaho,) Snowbasin Resort (Huntsville, Utah,) The Westgate Hotel (San Diego, California,) and Little America Hotel locations in Salt Lake City, Utah; Flagstaff, Arizona; Cheyenne, Wyoming and Little America, Wyoming. When it comes to outdoor adventure, family getaways, and destination meetings, Grand America Hotels & Resorts’ properties offer everything needed to ensure an unforgettable stay.
Selling to group and convention markets in a defined geographic region with a profitable win-win selling approach. Generate hotel awareness through direct phone sales; direct sales calls, tradeshows and networking groups. Work closely with sales and marketing team to solicit, sell and confirm group business required to meet budgeted sales goals. This is a “Results Oriented” position. This individual must have the ability to easily and willingly adapt to changes of policy, procedures or work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop accounts (new and existing) by mapping specific business and buying tendencies. Include group profile for each meeting; maintain organized and professional plan for correspondence and follow up.
· Perform daily telephone solicitations to new and existing accounts/customers in defined geographic region.
· Responds in a timely manner to all leads, RFP’s, phone calls and emails.
· Promote awareness to corporate, incentive and association markets via travel to respective regions in the country providing presentations and personal sales calls.
· Procures new and repeat business for the hotel by building relationships and staying in contact with Convention and Visitors Bureaus, and National Sales Offices (NSO’s
· Create and execute direct sales plan specific to market assignment.
· Conduct tours of property to meeting planners and other potential customers while informing of all hotel services available; entertain customers on property, during site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation when appropriate.
· Work closely with convention services through execution of definite program; keep Director of Convention Services and CSM promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matter so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
· Coordinate all sales related activity through the direction of Director of Sales; negotiate contract specifics to achieve maximum profitability while satisfying customer needs.
· Have a working knowledge of local and regional competition.
· Conduct all sales related interactions with the highest level of professionalism while maintaining specified GAHR standards.
· Assist with all guest inquiries within the sales department, including assisting with high telephone volume and walk-in site inspections.
· Participate in sales blitz and telephone blitz activity.
· Assist operations team in “crunch” situations and when “all hands on deck” are needed.
· Maintain contact with meeting planners and corporate accounts, through personal sales calls, telephone contacts and written communications.
· Participates in special programs to achieve greater productivity through:
o Increasing average daily rate
o Increasing occupancy
o Increasing business volume during difficult periods
· Meets with groups on property to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Review daily business to anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions in conjunction with the department heads, to best expedite these situations.
· Attends sales/PR related functions within the hotel.
· Participates in Sales Blitzes and FAM tours.
· Keeps updated with new products in the market.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
· Minimum two years’ Group Sales experience in a full service luxury hotel with a four or five diamond rating
Able to work Evenings, Weekends, and Holidays as needed. Some travel required.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.grandamerica.com/job-openings/