The Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel is currently searching for a Security Guard to support the overnight staff. This position will be for 5 nights per week. Must be able to work the hours of 11PM to 7AM. Include weekends and holidays.
Greet and welcome arriving guests as they enter the hotel. Assist both arriving and departing guests with baggage handling. Responsible for the safeguarding of hotel property, assets, guests, visitors, and employees.
- Welcome guests to the hotel. Recognize brand loyalty program members.
- Patrol and monitor hotel parking areas to ensure use only by hotel guests, vendors, and associates.
- Report any inappropriate use of parking lot; including notifying police department when assistance is needed.
- Patrol exterior of hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets.
- Assist as needed in answering house calls, assist guests and employees with respect to safety, security, and hotel operations.
- Initiate investigations, write incident and accident reports and ensure appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors, and employees, documenting all contacts.
- Maintain accurate records while performing basic office duties including, but not limited to, shift activity log and employee and guest binder interaction.
- Store guest baggage upon request and assist with the loading and unloading of baggage into and out of automobiles. Summon taxis upon request.
- Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and help, give accurate information regarding outlet hours, other hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness behind the bell stand, in the check-in/check-out area, and in the baggage room. Clean the brass bell carts.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of hotel policy and fire-safety procedures.
- Ability to operate hand held two-way radio and knowledge of ten codes.
- Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Temperature and weather conditions could be extreme at times.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 7 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. in an emergency.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments and locations of the hotel and outside the hotel on hotel grounds on a timely basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education preferred.
Minimum of one year security related background preferred, prior full service hotel experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits. Current CPR certification and First Aid training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Driftwood Hospitality Management, LLC and brand standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
EOE/M/F/D/V/Drug-Free Workplace/MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://sheratonslc.applicantpool.com/jobs/577888.html