As a Front Desk Coordinator at the Cliff Spa you will greet all guests as they enter the Spa to welcome them for their services and/or use of the facilities. Coordinators also manage the treatment and yoga schedule, handle all monetary transactions, complete opening and closing procedures, and, above all, provide superior customer service to our clients.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Greet and welcome guests as you check them in for their service or use of the facilities.
- Facilitate reserving all services at the Spa.
- Possess knowledge of all treatments and protocols and this is vital for your ability to be a well-informed resource for guests, to make appropriate recommendations, and to up-sell when appropriate.
- Process payments for services rendered
- Manage the treatment and yoga schedule.
- Complete opening and closing procedures.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service role preferred, but not required.
- Impeccable communication skills with regards to both internal and external customer service, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to empathize and work well with coworkers and guests in unstructured situations.
- Ability to develop knowledge of the Spa treatments from memory. Exceptional communication, reading, and writing skills.
- Ability to accurately use arithmetic in counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- Ability to use a multi-line phone, Microsoft Office programs, type 40 WPM, and to develop proficiency with SpaSoft software.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Reliable, composed and capable of working and making decisions independently, yet within company guidelines.
- Strong problem-solving and learning capabilities in a fast-paced environment with high expectations.
- 3-4 days per week, 8 hour shifts
- Shift hours: 7:30AM-3:30PM (opening), 10:30PM-6:30PM (midday), 12:30PM-8:30PM (closing mon-thu), 1:30PM-9:00PM (closing fri-sun)
- Closing shift preferred
- Seasonal with the opportunity to become year-round
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
- Work is routine in pleasant, comfortable surroundings. General office conditions prevail.
- Direct and continuous contact with guests.
- Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits.
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees.
- Discounts with Powdr partners.
- Free transportation to work: UTA Bus, Rideshare vans, Canyon Transportation vans, and Employee Shuttles.
- Complimentary spa access that includes use of pool, hot tub, fitness center, steam room, and sauna
- Complimentary yoga classes
- 30% discount on retail items
- $10 friend pass
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest, and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/