This position performs high-level professional accounting work and is responsible for the management of a complete set of accounts, preparation of financial statements and reports on University-wide accounting systems. This position exercises considerable judgment in maintaining accounting procedures and the preparation of statements and reports.
- Prepares and verifies a variety of complex accounting, statistical, and narrative statements and reports requiring extensive analysis and interpretation of data.
- Establishes and maintains departmental accounting procedures, makes recommendations on the implementation of accounting system revisions to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and interim financial reports which includes review and approval of journal entries, preparation of financial statements such as balance sheets, income and expense reports, and cash flow analyses for individual entities and consolidated enterprise reports.
- May train, supervise, and evaluate clerical staff; may supervise professional staff.
- Reviews and analyzes proposed and new regulations, prepares recommendations regarding alternatives available to minimize fiscal impact.
- Performs monthly expense variance analysis.
- Prepares consolidations, inter-company transactions and reconciliations.
- Ensure company accounting procedures conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) requirements as appropriate.
- Responsible for developing and implementing process improvement initiatives relating to accounting and financial reporting.
- Functions as internal business partner to operations including finance directors and executive directors of the various entities as well as the University Accounting Department.
- Assists with periodic reviews, year-end audits and compliance activities in support of external auditors and the internal finance operation.
- Aids the controller and assistant controller in researching and documenting the organization’s accounting position on technical subject matters.
- Special projects as requested.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Demonstrated spreadsheet and database skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, human relations and effective communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance, or equivalency.
- Four years of financial accounting experience.
- Masters in Accounting
- Database skillset
- Healthcare Accounting Background
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This is a sedentary position that may exert up to 10 pounds and may lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. This position involves sitting most of the time and is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Multi-lingual Candidates Welcomed
Requisition Number 60089
Employment Type Full-Time
Work Schedule 8-5
Clinical/Non-Clinical Status Non-Clinical
Location Name Business Services Building
Workplace Set Up Hybrid
City SALT LAKE CITY
Department COR ISC 10M FINANCE OPERATIONS
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://employment.utah.edu/salt-lake-city-ut/financial-reporting-accountant-sr/A0E506AC8C1D4F268EF00017E26E61D8/job/?mode=job&iis=SOURCE&iisn=SOURCENAME
Related Jobs (2)
Operation Manager, Student Success Solutions- Utah Global on November 7, 2023 Full Time