As a Switchboard Operator you are responsible for answering and directing all incoming resort calls courteously & efficiently. You will answer a variety of questions relating to the resort and its services, ensuring effective communication within the resort and maintaining attentive, polite and efficient customer service at all times.
As a Switchboard Operator at Snowbird, you will:
- Provide Daily Customer Service – Promptly answers telephone calls & greets callers with a positive, clear voice using the proper protocol, greetings and closings as determined by management. Provides efficient and accurate call-handling using positive, polite and professional customer service as well as effective speaking and listening skills.
- Accurately Disseminate Information – Prepare for anticipated questions by maintaining a robust & accurate knowledge base about the resort (e.g. mountain information, events, activities, restaurants, retail shops, lodging, etc.) and departmental emergency procedures. Memorizes important extensions to improve speed and accuracy of call transfers. Make sufficient inquiries necessary to refer a caller to the appropriate resort personnel. Updates a variety of informational resources (e.g. documents, recordings, web based, etc.) to reflect current conditions and information.
- Problem Solve – Use effective listening skills to put callers at ease and to obtain accurate, complete information. Provide compassionate and effective problem solving skills, most often by coordinating with Switchboard management and other departments as necessary.
- Contribute to a Positive Office Environment – Effectively, professionally and appropriately deal with all employees, guest and vendors, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information. Maintain a positive demeanor in a variety of situations. Conduct positive and respectful interactions at all times.
- Teamwork – Maintain frequent contact with supervisory staff. Provide feedback regarding departmental effectiveness, and ideas for improvement. Foster teamwork within the organization by helping, advising and sharing information with co-workers. Consistently behaves professionally and courteously. Offer assistance as needed or required (such as screening calls for security and ski patrol).
- Telephone and Computer Skills – Maintain knowledge of: computer based attendant console (basic and advanced features), voicemail systems (guest and employee), computer applications (basic and advanced programs as required on a PC) and all procedures associated with each system.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Operation knowledge of Microsoft Office and other general computer operations, required.
- Ability to perform general clerical work, and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system, required.
- Experience using a multi-line phone system while maintaining efficient operation, preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills, with previous experience in a customer service position, required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing as well as ability to understand and follow oral & written instructions, required.
- Ability to understand and follow corporate policies (dress & grooming standards, ski pass policies, etc.) required.
- Ability to maintain good habits in the following areas: punctuality, professionalism, attendance, productivity, responsible use of break/vacation/sick time, etc. required
- Understanding of guest service in a resort environment, preferred.
- Previous reception, call center, phone handling experience preferred.
- Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
- Specific Shift: Must be able to work varied schedule 5 days a week, 7AM-3PM, 8AM-3PM, 3PM-9PM, and 3PM-11PM.
- Including weekends and holidays.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- General office environment with limited physical activity.
- Work is routine in pleasant, comfortable surroundings. General office conditions prevail.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions, making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
- Ability to sit at a computer console and continuously/effectively perform essential job functions for extended periods of time in close proximity to other operators.
- Direct and continuous contact with guests.
- Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management and other departments.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/