The Unix Administrator III position focuses on code release and has a solid understanding of the CI/CD pipeline. Works with stakeholders to provide automated solutions and process improvements. Has the ability to integrate and use different technologies as part of automation solutions. Follows agile workflows and delivery timelines.
This position is primarily remote work, but preference to local or in-state for as-needed on-site needs
- Installs, upgrades, and manages automation platforms and their corresponding operating systems.
- Develops and implements automation scripts to automate repetitive tasks, such as server provisioning, configuration management, and software deployment.
- Uses automation tools and technologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of system administration tasks.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platforms and applications.
- Writes, debugs, and maintains code.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Implements and/or improves continuous delivery of software.
- Collaborates and communicates closely with stakeholders to provide solutions.
- Assists in continuous integration, rapid deployment, and testing of code.
- Leverages automation tools, workflows, and development skillsets to support the organizations DevOps framework and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) initiatives.
- Clearly documents all automation platforms and code.
- Assesses products and services for integration and adoption.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Self-motivated and an active learner.
- Experience with system administration or software development on a team.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with a cloud platforms such as Azure, Google Cloud, or AWS.
- Strong scripting and automation skills.
- Experience with ITSM systems such as ServiceNow.
- Experience with centralized configuration systems such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- Experience with modern software deployment methodology, i.e. continuous integration/continuous delivery, and Agile/Scrum.
- Experience with one or more modern version control systems such as Git or SVN.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience.
- Three years of related experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This is a sedentary position that may exert up to 10 pounds and may lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. This position involves sitting most of the time and is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Carrying, Climbing, Color Determination, Crawling, Far Vision, Lifting, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision, Non Indicated, Pulling and/or Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Stooping and Crouching, Tasting or Smelling, Walking
Multi-lingual Candidates Welcomed
Requisition Number 60936
Employment Type Full-Time
Work Schedule 8-5
Clinical/Non-Clinical Status Non-Clinical
Location Name Information Technology Services
Workplace Set Up Hybrid
City SALT LAKE CITY
Department COR ISC 17A ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS
Category Information Technology
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://employment.utah.edu/salt-lake-city-ut/unix-administrator-iii/F4BEF32706E1404E80A2B62685E5351F/job/?mode=job&iis=SOURCE&iisn=SOURCENAME