Must have yoga/fitness certification
Must have availability Saturdays at 3:00PM and Sundays at 1:30PM
Pay – Commission
Snowbird is a world-renowned ski and summer resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts enjoy all types of mountain terrain to accommodate new and advanced skiers and snowboarders. The resort also features backcountry snow-cat and heli-skiing, snowmobile, and snowshoe tours. Off resort, there are 5 hotels, over 15 restaurants, a variety of swimming pools and hot tubs, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
About the Cliff Spa
Snowbird’s renovated Cliff Spa features 21 treatment rooms, a newly designed yoga studio and an upgraded fitness center, both with mountain views. The Cliff Spa has a rooftop pool and hot tub with sensual surroundings, radiant heated decks and gas-fed fire pits with increased seating capacity. With incredible views and a eucalyptus-infused environment, the solarium is the perfect place to relax. The boutique offers a range of unique Cliff Spa items, high-end yoga apparel and holistic skincare. Located on the 9th and 10th floors of The Cliff Lodge, The Cliff Spa delivers the ultimate spa experience with amenities that match the mountain.
What You’ll Do
As a Yoga/Fitness Instructor at the Cliff Spa you will plan and leads exercise/activity sessions in one or more assigned fitness areas, such as low impact aerobics, stretching/flexibility, yoga, circuit training, general fitness, weight training, and/or specialty training.
As a Yoga Fitness instructor at Cliff Spa, you will:
- Set up and monitor class equipment, and ensure its return in serviceable condition.
- Ensure that safety and injury prevention policies and procedures are adhered to by participants; reports accidents and prepares accident reports, as required.
- Schedule – Responsible for scheduled class times.
- Train – Update and continue to educate yourself on new materials and procedures.
- Market – Market the Mind Body & Spirit Program handing out fliers & posters throughout SLC. Build your classes.
- Communicate – Provide communication to Mind Body & Spirit Director concerning any problems, concerns or ideas for improvement.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have teacher training certificate.
- 6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have previous experience instructing fitness classes.
- Must have yoga/fitness certification.
- Instruct at least 1 class per week.
- Skill in the use of first aid procedures.
- Knowledge of fitness training and education methods and techniques in area of specialty.
- Knowledge of exercise principles and technology.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of fitness equipment and facilities. Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Organization, Keep Mind Body Spirit space clean, Fill out compensation sheet accurately. Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Must be reliable, mature, and able to work with minimal supervision. Requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval.
- Requires some problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations.
- Requires strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
- Saturdays at 3:00PM or Sundays at 1:30PM
- Type of class is to-be-determined
- Instructor will also have opportunities to pick up classes as a sub
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Must have ability to remain calm and focused on quality customer service in a sometimes stressful environment with last-minute changes, mistakes, and high expectations. Position requires an outgoing and friendly personality.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/