Our server’s core role is to serve the needs of the business, our guests and our team members by prompt and courteous service delivery in accordance with Auberge Resorts Collection Standards. All members of the Food & Beverage Department are responsible for ensuring that visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity, and variety of our food and beverage offerings. Within that, the server is one of the most important positions for influencing guest satisfaction. It is crucial that all team members extend service in a professional, friendly, courteous, efficient, and timely fashion.
Our AM Servers work the breakfast and lunch shift in Yuta Restaurant where they serve all guests in the restaurant, at the pool, and support room service as needed. The shift typically runs from 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM but can vary depending on business needs for the day.
Our PM Servers work the fine dining dinner service in Yuta Restaurant where they serve all guests in the restaurant, bar, private dining rooms, and small event spaces on the property. The shift typically runs from 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM but can vary depending on business needs for the day.
- Take food and beverage orders
- Retrieve and serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic averages and food orders to guest tables
- Manage to have multiple tables at a time along with running the host stand, bussing tables, and doing prep work.
- Enter orders into the POS system, close tickets, and collect payments.
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the restaurant area and equipment.
- Assist with obtaining specific departmental goals and organizational goals.
- Work cohesively with all team members of F&B and Culinary to ensure timely service and a synergistic operation.
- Understand and adhere to all ARC policies and SOPs.
- Check out with the manager on duty before leaving your station or the floor for any reason.
- Maintain full knowledge of the services and facilities provided by the hotel in order to answer any questions the guests may have.
- Follow all safety policies to ensure a safe work area.
- Follow all work-related requests made by a Manager or Supervisor which may be outside your normal job activities, to achieve complete guest satisfaction and service throughout the Hotel.
- Maintain your station in accordance with standards at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selections available in assigned outlets.
- Maintain complete knowledge of particular characteristics and descriptions of every wine/champagne available.
- Present, open, and serve wine and champagne bottles in accordance with service criteria.
- Maintain complete knowledge of tables, seats, station numbers, proper table set up, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range, and dress code within the assigned outlet.
- Learn and correctly use the Point of Sale(POS) equipment and follow procedures
- Actively participate in all training meetings, to continually develop professional skills and increase guest satisfaction.
- Clean and break down trays in the dish area, disposing of or returning items into their appropriate bins.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge guests even when busy.
- Maintain positive guest relations.
- Handle guest complaints according to service criteria and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Inform manager on duty of any challenging guest concern.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of tables, service areas, and outlet itself.
Perform other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
- Extended experience providing service in a fine dining environment.
- Ability to remain calm during busy periods and treat our guests and our team members with respect.
- Professional, polished service, etiquette and protocol skills, and knowledge.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
- Current food handling certificate.
- Current Alcohol serving certification
- Ability to communicate legibly.
- High school graduate or equivalent and some college.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Any previous serving and bartending training.
- Forbes Five Star Service Training/Experience
- Prior training in guest relations.
- Ability to anticipate and understand guests’ service needs remaining calm and courteous.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time, and make a concise decision in a pressure situation.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to maintain good coordination and timing while serving orders quickly.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the event and to exert physical effort in setting up rooms from to specific standards of each event
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 12 hours.
- Some off-property venues
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting the property.
- The constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- The constant need to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. frequently
- Vision requirements: the constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: the constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Lodge at Blue Sky provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Lodge at Blue Sky complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.