Classic, consistent quality from a winning team!
Deer Valley Resort is nestled in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah, in the historic mining town of Park City which has evolved into an exciting and diverse mountain ski town. Our staff consists of locals, transplants, seasonal workers from all 50 states and international students from around the globe. We are a diverse workforce where everyone feels welcome, appreciated, and valued. No matter if you are 14 or 84 years, there is a place for you in the Deer Valley family! (Last year over 1,100 staff members celebrated their fifth season or more at Deer Valley).
- Ski perks (vary based on employment status) may include Deer Valley season pass, free skiing or riding at other Alterra Resorts and select local Utah resorts
- Friends and family ski discounts, free staff ski lessons and discounted rentals (winter staff only)
- Subsidized meals at Employee Dining Rooms offered for staff while on shift
- Subsidized housing options available for seasonal full-time staff
- Discounts for staff members at restaurants, shops, and service providers in Park City
- Healthcare options, vision and dental benefits are available for staff members
- 401k plan with company match
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To assist the Fleet Manager in meeting or exceeding Deer Valley’s Fleet Management objectives through effective management of staff, equipment and vehicles.
- Will be the floor Supervisor and act as the main point of contact when the Manager is out
- Assist with daily equipment / vehicle issues / problems
- Assist with overseeing all realms of repairs with focus on attention to detail
- Assist with overseeing and communicating repairs with vendors, guests, Deer Valley staff, etc.
- Assist with and be familiar with daily & seasonal department vehicle needs
- Assist with and be familiar with current fleet condition and anticipate replacement / turn-over of fleet
- Assist with selling / disposal of Deer Valley assets
- Assist with and help resolve accident / damage cases that may involve guests, Deer Valley staff, etc.
- Assist with annual OPEX and CAPEX budgeting
- Work collaboratively with other Deer Valley departments providing clear communication of timing and impacts of Vehicle Maintenance operations
- Provide mentoring and development to Fleet Maintenance team through training and technician quality control inspections
- Assist with and or execute timely employee evaluations, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Assist with developing vehicle maintenance service schedules that meet or exceed the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Assist with shop tooling and shop equipment annual maintenance and inspections (vehicle lifts, tire machines / tools / etc.)
- Assist with vehicle / equipment training and documentation as needed
- Assist with researching and ordering (procurement) of equipment, tooling, vehicles, etc.
- Assist with procurement and inventory of parts, etc. needed for repairs/maintenance
- Assist in developing departmental safety and risk management policies and practices
- Effectively communicate any equipment or personnel issues to management / Human Resources
- Assist with sustainability efforts in this department and companywide
- All other duties as assigned
- Prior knowledge, hands-on, formal training of Fleet Maintenance and Management of all Ski area type vehicles & equipment including gas, diesel, tracked, wheeled etc.
- Must have a professional, approachable demeanor and strong people skills
- Must have strong troubleshooting skill set for electrical, powertrain etc.
- Must be willing to adapt to future technological changes within the industry as they occur
- Must provide a wide variety of personal tools and tool chest (some specialty tools are provided by the company)
- Must be safety oriented and familiar with OSHA, MSDS, Lock-out / Tagout, etc.
- Must be familiar with and be capable of welding, grinding, Oxy/Acetylene use and other fabrication tools / skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize workloads, breakdowns etc. According to seasonal / daily resort operations
- Must have advanced computer and record-keeping skills
- Must have a positive and professional attitude
- Must be willing to abide by and follow company policies such as grooming, drug testing etc.
- Must be capable of solving problems in a timely manner
- Must have exceptional communication skills and dependability
- Must be able to calmly handle stressful situations
- Must have the ability to work well with and delegate jobs as required
- Must be willing to work any day of the week and all shifts (day, swing and grave)
- Must have reliable transportation for all weather conditions
- Must be in good physical condition and willing to work in an outdoor environment
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to operate snowmobiles, snow cats, heavy equipment and all other fleet vehicles. Will be required to obtain DOT/CDL endorsements as needed
- Knowledge of DOT record-keeping, logs and driver training is helpful
- Uniforms and some cold weather gear will be provided by the company. Employee will provide work-boots and other cold/warm weather garments etc.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.deervalley.com/get-in-touch/employment