PURPOSE OF POSITION: To assist the Fleet Manager in meeting or exceeding Deer Valley’s Fleet Management objectives through effective management of staff, equipment and vehicles.
- Will be the floor Supervisor and act as the main point of contact when the Manager is out
- Assist with daily equipment / vehicle issues / problems
- Assist with overseeing all realms of repairs with focus on attention to detail
- Assist with overseeing and communicating repairs with vendors, guests, Deer Valley staff, etc.
- Assist with and be familiar with daily & seasonal department vehicle needs
- Assist with and be familiar with current fleet condition and anticipate replacement / turn-over of fleet
- Assist with selling / disposal of Deer Valley assets
- Assist with and help resolve accident / damage cases that may involve guests, Deer Valley staff, etc.
- Assist with annual OPEX and CAPEX budgeting
- Work collaboratively with other Deer Valley departments providing clear communication of timing and impacts of Vehicle Maintenance operations
- Provide mentoring and development to Fleet Maintenance team through training and technician quality control inspections
- Assist with and or execute timely employee evaluations, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Assist with developing vehicle maintenance service schedules that meet or exceed the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Assist with shop tooling and shop equipment annual maintenance and inspections (vehicle lifts, tire machines / tools / etc.)
- Assist with vehicle / equipment training and documentation as needed
- Assist with researching and ordering (procurement) of equipment, tooling, vehicles, etc.
- Assist with procurement and inventory of parts, etc. needed for repairs/maintenance
- Assist in developing departmental safety and risk management policies and practices
- Effectively communicate any equipment or personnel issues to management / Human Resources
- Assist with sustainability efforts in this department and companywide
- All other duties as assigned
- Prior knowledge, hands-on, formal training of Fleet Maintenance and Management of all Ski area type vehicles & equipment including gas, diesel, tracked, wheeled etc.
- Must have a professional, approachable demeanor and strong people skills
- Must have strong troubleshooting skill set for electrical, powertrain etc.
- Must be willing to adapt to future technological changes within the industry as they occur
- Must provide a wide variety of personal tools and tool chest (some specialty tools are provided by the company)
- Must be safety oriented and familiar with OSHA, MSDS, Lock-out / Tagout, etc.
- Must be familiar with and be capable of welding, grinding, Oxy/Acetylene use and other fabrication tools / skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize workloads, breakdowns etc. According to seasonal / daily resort operations
- Must have advanced computer and record-keeping skills
- Must have a positive and professional attitude
- Must be willing to abide by and follow company policies such as grooming, drug testing etc.
- Must be capable of solving problems in a timely manner
- Must have exceptional communication skills and dependability
- Must be able to calmly handle stressful situations
- Must have the ability to work well with and delegate jobs as required
- Must be willing to work any day of the week and all shifts (day, swing and grave)
- Must have reliable transportation for all weather conditions
- Must be in good physical condition and willing to work in an outdoor environment
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to operate snowmobiles, snow cats, heavy equipment and all other fleet vehicles. Will be required to obtain DOT/CDL endorsements as needed
- Knowledge of DOT record-keeping, logs and driver training is helpful
- Uniforms and some cold weather gear will be provided by the company. Employee will provide work-boots and other cold/warm weather garments etc.
Deer Valley Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.deervalley.com/get-in-touch/employment