Work in collaboration with the General Manager in crafting an exciting, innovative, and memorable dining experience for all guests by leading a well-rounded, knowledgeable front-of-house team. Monitor labor costs, staff development, scheduling, and nightly/daily service coordination. You’ll act as an advocate for the restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return!
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Greet and welcome all guests, follow up with service complaints graciously, provide guests with information about the restaurant and area.
- Assist in directing daily activities and assignments of food and beverage staff, ensure coverage, develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals.
- Assist in leading service education through effective communication, training & development programs, performance management and consistent evaluation of service standards.
- Foster opportunities for your team to learn, grow, and develop their skills.
- Assist the GM with any required paperwork, including forms, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Participate in building the financial objectives of the restaurant on an annual basis through the budget process. Meet budget in all areas of cost control with consistent focus on cost of sales and payroll.
- Focus on growing revenues and improving the financial performance of the department.
- Participate in evaluation of food product, kitchen employee performance, and development of product consistent with the restaurant’s market position.
- Develop a selection and pricing strategy of all liquors and wines, and supervision of their procurement.
- Coordinate service area maintenance with floor management, employees and any outside services.
- Follow all Health and Safety regulations.
- Your team should receive regular, timely, and honest evaluations of their performance through the Kimpton Check-In process.
What You Bring
- 1 to 2 years in a restaurant management role, fine dining experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Passion for crafting and personalizing guest experiences. Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills with problem solving ability.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, guest reservation systems, POS systems, etc.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Awareness Certifications (if applicable).
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?_fromPublish=true&c=1054241&d=KimptonHotelsAndRestaurants-External#/
Related Jobs (27)
Attendant – Food Runner/ Server Assistant – La Stellina on December 5, 2023 Part Time