As a banquet chef, you would be primarily responsible for the planning, organizing, controlling, and directing the work of employees in the Banquet Kitchen Department. Overseeing the food preparation of all banquet and catering events while ensuring superior quality and consistency at all times.
Additionally responsible to develop new banquet menus with the Executive Chef, prepare, test, taste and control out new menu items. Maintain updated and accurate recipes and costing of all dishes prepared for banquet functions.
- Review Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) on a daily basis and make note of any changes.
- Brief the banquet kitchen staff daily about the upcoming and current functions.
- Supervises and coordinates all activities of cooks and banquet kitchen staff who are engaged in food preparation.
- Establish the day’s priorities and assign production and preparation tasks for the banquet kitchen staff/chefs to execute.
- Take physical inventory of food items for daily inventory, and be responsible for ordering, receiving, and storage of all banquet food items.
- Responsible for managing all day-to-day operations of the banquet kitchens, including their cleaning.
- Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides, photographs are current and posted.
- Ensure that all staff prepares menu items following recipes in accordance with the hotels operating standards.
- Review sales and expenses with the Executive Chef to ensure that the banquet kitchen is meeting budgeted costs.
- Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards according to the DOH standards.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Able to plan and execute multiple banquet functions.
- Able to continually enhance the culinary experience of banquet or event guests.
- Able to help in cooking and food preparation, as and when required.
- Able to perform other duties as assigned by the management.
- Very good knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food preparation techniques.
- Able to work flexible hours and days including holidays.
- Knowledge of current and updated culinary trends.
- Ability to lead and mentor a large team of culinary professionals.
- Able to plan and execute multiple events at the same time and cook in remote locations.
AOS or higher degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
Minimum of five years experience in a high volume banquet kitchen, and a minimum of two years experience as a Banquet Sous or above.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=tl