As a Conference Operations Set Up Lead you will supervise the Conference Set Up Team in the set up and tear down of all conference areas according to Banquet Event Orders and Conference Operations standards.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Supervise the set up and tear down of all events according to Banquet Event Orders and Conference Operations standards.
- Supervises team with a positive attitude and leads them in compliance with Snowbird’s Employee Handbook and Conference Operations standards.
- Responsible for the correct placement of all tables, chairs, water services, etc. for meetings, meal functions and special events according to the Banquet Event Order.
- Cleans and maintains all conference areas including storage and staging areas to Conference Operations standards.
- Thoroughly maintains all conference equipment by doing daily/nightly walk-throughs.
- Repairs all damaged equipment.
- Complete all tasks within Snowbird’s health and safety guidelines.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Requires the ability to apply mathematical skills in building function sets and determine use of equipment.
- Requires knowledge of conference sets and fundamentals of hospitably service.
- Requires knowledge of safety procedures with hospitality and conference industry.
- Ability to modify staff and equipment for the event, in line with the client’s requests and the Banquet Event Order.
- Requires the ability to communicate in writing on complex and ambiguous subjects.
- Ability to supervise others in situations where there may be little structure or routine.
- Must have Microsoft Excel experience.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as computer, telephone, copy machine, etc.
- Must be able to apply basic math skills when setting up rooms for events.
- Must have strong attention to detail during initial set up and review of room layout.
- Shifts vary, maybe early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels. Examples of shifts may include 2pm-10pm or 5pm-1am.
- Scheduling is based on business demands.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 75-100 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work may be outdoors and may require exposure to cold or heat and other extreme weather conditions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
- Other/Additional: Stress may occur for several reasons: Quick turns in meeting rooms, client’s request to change previously agreed upon room set, large physical demand, constantly changing environment, deadlines of events, attention to detail indoors and out.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Bus and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned ski and summer resort 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon that has offered the most exciting terrain covered with an average of 500 inches of light powder since 1971. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Snowbird, part of the POWDR family of North American resorts, offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird an unforgettable place to visit and work.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Licenses & Certifications
Food Handler’s Permit
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/
Related Jobs (27)
Attendant – Food Runner/ Server Assistant – La Stellina on December 5, 2023 Part Time