The Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel is actively recruiting for On-Call Banquet Servers & Setup. Situated in the beating heart of the downtown business and entertainment districts, Sheraton Salt Lake City offers contemporary comfort for business and leisure travelers. Our hotel is 362 rooms and suites with 33,000 sq ft of meeting space.
Serve food and beverage items to customers in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional, and timely manner.
- Serve food and beverage items. Clear tables and return all equipment to their respective areas. Retrieve all reusable food items and place them on a separate queen, as provided.
- Ensure service corridor safety by transporting all equipment in the proper manner. Be responsible for handling of all equipment and linens. Ensure that all spills and breakage are attended to immediately.
- Gather all equipment necessary to service a function and maintain a clear and immaculate service corridor.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of all menu items, specials, beverages, wines, etc.
- Serve all items utilizing appropriate china, glassware, silverware, garnish, and condiments.
- Assist servers and set up house persons if needed.
- Immediately relay all guest complaints and compliments to management.
- Maintain health and sanitation standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Driftwood Hospitality Management, LLC rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the requirements of the hotel:
- Assist in moving any tables and chairs as assigned.
- Inform supervisor of any problems or complaints.
- Responsible for the proper handling of all equipment, i.e., “Big 4” items and props, ensuring proper storage after use.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of table service standards.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ability to describe all menu items and methods of preparation.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10F) and kitchens (+110F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
High school or equivalent education required.
Minimum of six months-prior experience in banquet service or restaurant experience required.
Licenses or Certificates
Must maintain valid alcohol (if 21 yrs old or older) and food service permits as required by state and county laws.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per Driftwood Hospitality Management, LLC and brand standards.
Must have current Food Handlers and Tips/SMART Card Permits. EOE/M/F/D/V/Drug-Free Workplace
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://sheratonslc.applicantpool.com/jobs/
Related Jobs (26)
Starbucks Barista on September 25, 2022