The Doubletree Park City is looking for a dedicated, detail-oriented person who is passionate about providing Best-In-Class customer service to join our team! This is a person who can quickly and accurately plan and detail out meetings and events, communicate those details to other departments in the hotel, and then ensure everything comes together to provide an extraordinary experience for our guests. Previous experience is preferred but the ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects and clearly communicating all necessary information for successful program execution and responsiveness to multiple stakeholders.
The Catering Sales Manager will be responsible for managing, coordinating, and executing group assignments. The focus of the role will be to ensure execution of all contractual agreements pertaining to guest room blocks, meeting space, food and beverage and special concessions. Communication skills are critical to this role as you will serve as the primary liaison between clients, vendors, and multiple departments to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our clients. You will be required to participate in total hotel management activities and duties.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain strong client relationships, promptly follow-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Prepare and distribute consistent, concise resumes and banquet event orders that clearly represent a convention’s requirements for all departments.
- Work closely with the catering and sales department to ensure all contractual terms agreed upon are carried out.
- Maintain the integrity of sales management and property management systems including; Salesforce (Delphi), ONQ, and R&I.
- Maintain files, records and reporting as it pertains to: budgets, contacts, planning activities, time lines, contracts, purchase orders and post-meeting notes
- Act as liaison for client throughout the duration of their conference create a positive meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
- Work closely with banquet department on scheduling and event execution.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Work with the hotel accounting department on all methods of payment, client responsibility for deposit schedules, payments and contractual obligations.
- Providing Audio/Visual equipment assistance.
- Responsible for linen ordering and inventory.
- Ensure hotel costs are effectively controlled.
- Basic administrative duties including, answering phones, interacting with clients, preparation of VIP arrivals, reporting.
- Conduct tours of the hotel and banquet facilities and expose clients to facilities and services. Entertain qualified potential clients as necessary.
- Assist the Sales department with implementation and achievement of quarterly goals and hotel Marketing Plan.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with The DoubleTree standards as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel. Nights and weekend may be required when group events or clients in house.
- Maintain professional image at all times through appearance and adhering to dress code standards of personal appearance and grooming.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 2 years of hotel catering sales or event venue catering sales experience.
- Knowledge of Hilton property management systems preferred, not mandatory.
- Experience with Salesforce, Delphi, SalesPro and/or other contact management applications preferred.
- Strong business communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft office programs.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet quick deadlines for multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong understanding of negotiation and interpretation of contracts.
- Knowledge of proper preparation and presentation of foods and beverage items and food safety.
- Knowledge of banquet room setups and procedures.
- Knowledge of Audio/Visual setups and processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with internal and external customers.
- Ability to adapt to changing work environments.
- Ability to quickly evaluate situations and provide alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Ability to collect accurate information to solve problems effectively.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for employees as well as guests.
The Doubletree Park City is an EEO employer, passionately aligned with Hilton Worldwide’s long standing tradition of diversity and inclusion towards team members and guests.
Easily apply with your profile or by sending your resume and cover letter via email: email@example.com