At Grand America Hotels & Resorts, we are devoted to a tradition of excellence, providing memorable experiences, beautiful backdrops, and genuine service. Established in 1952 by the Holding family, the Grand America Hotels & Resorts’ distinctive collection includes The Grand America Hotel (Salt Lake City, Utah,) Sun Valley Resort (Sun Valley, Idaho,) Snowbasin Resort (Huntsville, Utah,) The Westgate Hotel (San Diego, California,) and Little America Hotel locations in Salt Lake City, Utah; Flagstaff, Arizona; Cheyenne, Wyoming and Little America, Wyoming. When it comes to outdoor adventure, family getaways, and destination meetings, Grand America Hotels & Resorts’ properties offer everything needed to ensure an unforgettable stay.
As Chef de Cuisine at The Grand America Hotel, you will be responsible to perform the following duties:
· Verify all scheduled staff is present to work at scheduled time, and goes home when they are scheduled.
· Prepare requisitions of all food items needed daily from the food storeroom.
· Supervise all employees during the set-up, service and breakdown for each meal period.
· Ensure quality of food produced along with presentation.
· Ensure all quality control processes are being followed.
· Communicate and delegate the production schedule for the day. Collating quantities to be produced from the forecast and for the next day’s banquet function sheets.
· Expedite orders on the line.
· Inspect and supervise the sanitation and maintenance of equipment.
· Control labor and food costs.
· Ensure training is occurring on an on-going basis with all kitchen staff.
· Maintain work efficiency by motivating employees.
· Perform daily storeroom inspections of all walk-in refrigerators to ensure that proper rotation of food is done.
· Assist the storeroom Receiving Clerk in reviewing the quality of goods received.
· Assume responsibility for the quality of food prepared in the employee cafeteria, and supervision of Cafeteria Staff.
· Participate in the scheduling and performance evaluation of kitchen employees.
· Certified in Food Service Sanitation with the ability to learn Grand America Hotel Standards of Service.
To be successful in this position, we are looking for the following experience:
· Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English Language.
· Second Language preferred.
· Minimum of 8 years cooking experience, with 3 years minimum of Supervision experience (luxury hotel environment strongly preferred).
· High School Graduate
· Good Leadership, training, motivation and communication skills.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.grandamerica.com/job-openings/