Elevated above the Distractions
Promontory has received universal acclaim as a destination where life’s greatest moments naturally play out thanks to its unrivaled depth and breadth of extraordinary family experiences. This established community – which spans more than 11 square miles – features an investment of more than $400 million in exceptional and award-winning amenities for every season. No other community comes close.
Promontory Club is looking to fulfill a vacancy for a Food and Beverage Chef de Cuisine – Promontory Club.
The Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the work of kitchen employees. The Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for the quality of product and plate presentation in the Restaurant under the direction of the Director of Food & Beverage and will maintain all Promontory standards, policies and procedures in accordance with the Promontory Mission Statement and Vision. The Chef de Cuisine is responsible to oversee all large party food events that take place within the outlets area of support. The Chef de Cuisine will at times be expected to help at all food outlets on Promontory property as well as with special catering events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the highest sanitation standards are met throughout the building with regards to cleanliness, sanitation and food safety.
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness to a very high standard. Always in compliance with Health Department standards.
- Assist the Director of Food & Beverage in menu development in areas as designated.
- Interact with Members on a daily basis seeking input on quality of products and menu item development.
- Establish proper quality control procedures and final food production as it affects taste, presentation, and service.
- Train and develop a team environment to insure proper communication and quality products.
- Scheduling of staff for maximum efficiency meeting both service and financial standards.
- Consistently strive for the highest quality in delivery and product.
- Perform daily line inspections and documented temperature logs to ensure food safety and rotation of product.
- Establish standards and hold the staff responsible to meet menu requirements.
- Meet budgeted expectations by month and for the year.
- Maintain security of inventories and ensure proper levels are maintained to minimize waste and minimize tying up working capital.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of financial results including food cost, labor, and miscellaneous supplies. Balance budget requirements with excellent product and service.
- Provide input in the planning of annual special events.
- Must attend weekly Food & Beverage and Operations meetings.
- Maintain a “will do” attitude at all times.
- Maintain a positive working environment at all times.
- Participate in special events where needed.
- Deliver on any other reasonable request of senior management.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work practices to management; complete safety training and certifications. Maintain files of Safety Data Sheets and follow safe work practices.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of F&B.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENT: High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required; a Culinary Degree from an approved school or a combination of schooling and work experience is required; must have and maintain TIPS and ServeSafe certifications; must be at least 21 years of age.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A broad background of culinary experience with emphasis on American grill and modern American cuisine; strong financial acumen, computer skills and competency in the following Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook and POS software; must have a high attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment all while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED ON JOB: Abide by Promontory policies and procedures and submit ideas for possible revision; work independently with little supervision; courteous and helpful with Promontory Club Members and employees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time; ability to lift 30lbs occasionally and 50lbs occasionally; must be willing to work various hours, nights, holidays and weekends when needed.
Salary range is $75K to $85K and will be determined upon employment and will be commensurate with experience.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Promontory offers competitive wages and benefits including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurances, vacation, holiday pay, employee meals, uniform allowances, golf on two award winning courses and yearly bonuses.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=78547&clientkey=4B2EBB4300805C064213B9E430C96718&jpt=0c171bdfe6de20fd55f0d6a5a3291665