As a Central Reservations Conference Lodging Coordinator, you will manage the lodging and transportation arrangements for conference and ski groups that are booked through the Group Sales or Ski Tour/Travel departments. In addition, you will also provide support to the Call Center by handling incoming calls from guests who have inquiries about conference lodging, ground transportation, and vacation packages. Your tasks will include processing reservations for Snowbird lodges, providing detailed information about rates, availability, resort facilities, and more, all while ensuring exceptional customer service.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ensure that the meeting contact is fully aware of and understands the contract terms related to lodging reservations, transportation, porterage, deposits/payments, cancellation policies, and cutoff dates.
- Collaborate with both internal and external vendors to provide the best possible outcome and experience for customers, actively promoting and upselling additional options.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to gather and provide all necessary details for group or individual lodging guests, ensuring a seamless and exceptional experience.
- Create customized rates and packages for specific groups, tailoring offerings to their unique needs and preferences.
- Daily management of room blocks, adjusting availability and setting up group rates in the Host System to optimize occupancy and maximize revenue.
- Maintain accurate reservation records, promptly documenting any changes or updates to ensure up-to-date information.
- Take on additional projects and duties as assigned, contributing to the achievement of departmental goals.
- Travel occasionally to and from the resort as required for job-related purposes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- A College Degree in a related field is preferred. Additional relevant work experience may be considered in place of education.
- 1-2 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Proficiency in SMS/Host system is necessary, along with basic skills in Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with Amadeus meeting/conference management system is preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to operate a computer and 10-key.
- Exceptional organizational skills are a must, including the ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple demands simultaneously.
- Capable of meeting deadlines and completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills are required.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently are essential.
- Exercise judgment within policy guidelines without requiring supervisory approval.
- Proficient in handling, processing, and safeguarding guest personal information, including credit card data, in full compliance with company and departmental policies, as well as PCI rules and requirements. This includes maintaining privacy, confidentiality, and appropriate reporting, storage, and disposal of sensitive information. Confidential guest information should not be shared or disclosed without proper authorization from the guest, manager, or company, except as allowed within departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of PCI DSS, including the secure handling and maintenance of personal, financial, and credit card information of guests/customers.
- Flexibility to work various shifts based on business needs, including weekends and holidays, is required.
- Shift schedules may vary, ranging from early morning to late evening, depending on the demands of the business.
- In addition, as part of the onboarding process, there will be a comprehensive three-week classroom training. This training period typically takes place from Monday to Friday, but the schedule may be subject to change to accommodate operational requirements. The training will provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in your role.
- The work environment is predominantly an office setting with limited physical activity.
- Work tasks are routine and conducted in a pleasant and comfortable atmosphere.
- Job responsibilities involve following established steps, processes, or methods.
- Decisions are made by selecting from various available options.
- Requires the ability to differentiate between simple situations and apply appropriate alternatives.
- Must be capable of taking action based on basic criteria, such as information sources, transaction types, or factual distinctions.
- Regular and ongoing interaction with guests.
- Direct and continuous interaction with co-workers, management, and personnel from other departments.
- Must possess the ability to engage with guests and fellow employees in a positive manner at all times, fostering productive relationships with others and maintaining strong interdepartmental connections at Snowbird.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and complimentary ticket benefits.
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging, and daycare for employees.
- Access to medical, dental, vision, and accident insurance. Benefits are position-dependent and subject to potential changes.
- 401k retirement savings plan.
- Discounts with Powdr partners.
- Free transportation options for commuting to work, including UTA Buses and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans, and Employee Blue Shuttles.
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a renowned resort located just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. With its diverse mountain terrain, winter enthusiasts of all skill levels can enjoy a wide range of skiing and snowboarding experiences. At Snowbird, guests have the opportunity to enhance their abilities at our exceptional mountain school, embark on backcountry snow-cat tours, or embark on thrilling Heli-ski adventures. The resort boasts 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, exciting summer activities, Oktoberfest celebrations, and a luxurious full-service spa, all set against the backdrop of breathtaking granite peaks, making Snowbird an extraordinary world-class destination.
At Snowbird, our aspiration is to create distinctive and unforgettable big mountain experiences that foster a sense of belonging within the Snowbird family. This includes our valued team members and cherished guests. By allowing everyone to fully embrace and appreciate what sets Snowbird apart – the stunning environment, majestic mountain, picturesque canyon, and the remarkable people – we aim to create lasting memories that resonate with the magnificence of our surroundings.
Please note that this job description does not encompass all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this role. As part of our hiring process, all candidates who receive and accept employment offers are required to undergo a background check prior to being hired. Additionally, employees are expected to adhere to our professional appearance guidelines, drug and alcohol policies, as well as our employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/