Under the direction of the Conference Operations Manager, Assistant Conference Operations Manager and Porter Leader
- Set up and tear down (arrange tables, chairs, water service, etc) all events according to Banquet Event Orders and the standards of Conference Operations.
- Able to work well with a team or group of people in situations that have little routine or structure.
- Clean and maintain conference areas including storage and staging areas to standards of Conference Operations.
- Every employee that works for Snowbird is responsible for making Snowbird a safe and enjoyable work place.
- Maintains Conference Operations equipment through daily/nightly walk-through.
- Direct and continuous contact with guests.
- Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Skills & Knowledge
- Requires no specific knowledge of the job, but must be able to apply basic math skills when helping to set rooms. Follow-up skills of tasks and assignments, and must have strong attention to detail.
Working Conditions & Work Schedule
- Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels. Examples of shifts may include 2pm-10pm or 5pm-1am.
- Scheduling is based on business demands.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 75-100 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work may be outdoors and requires exposure to cold or heat and other extreme weather conditions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
- Other/Additional: Stress may occur for several reasons: Quick turns in meeting rooms, client’s request to change previously agreed upon room set, large physical demand, constantly changing environment, deadlines of events, attention to detail indoors and out.
All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We required all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/
Related Jobs (27)
Attendant – Food Runner/ Server Assistant – La Stellina on December 5, 2023 Part Time