At Aman we are on a mission to create the world’s ultimate luxury lifestyle brand; hotels, resorts, experiences and products which transform our guests’ perspectives and daily lives.
To achieve our ambitions, we capitalise on our unique combination of world-class and diverse talent, unmatched design, and access to locations, cultures and experiences few are privy to.
We live by the Aman way of life’ a mindset shared by our guests and employees which creates a lifelong sense of belonging driven by our values of :
Invest in individuality fostering an environment where each person can push boundaries, take risks and challenge norms.
Nurture pathfinder spirit exploring experiences, opportunities and locations which transform into new exciting ventures.
Act like owners taking the charge, leading by example and an immense sense of pride in their work.
Celebrate communities ensuring that every member of our community is looked after and nurtured in a compassionate, respectful and collaborative manner.
LOCATION: This position is located at our property AMANGIRI in Canyon Point, Utah, USA POSITION OVERVIEW: The Cook will assist the culinary team in providing high levels of food for all guests and staff RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain operations of your assigned station for that day
- Assist in daily prep or any other assigned item by the Sous Chef
- Check and complete mis en place and pars and set up station (using proper recipes and only fresh quality is accepted)
- Communicate with Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef regarding menu items, problems, situations or shortages
- Always be accommodating for any and all guest request making sure that the sous or Executive sous are aware of the request and we can prepare it at our the level of our standards
- Use standard recipes and plate presentations in order to maintain standards of quality in production and presentation
- Be aware of items that we are running out of and write it down
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Amangiri staff, management and guests.
- Store all items properly at the end of shift, labeling and dating all products
- Ensure clean, neat and organized work area
- Ensure proper communication between all shifts worked
- The cafeteria is all our responsibilities and if items are not correct or not clean it is your responsibility to fix
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Aman resorts and encourage other staff to do the same
- Make sure front kitchen is cleaned down and drawers empty and ready for the next shift.
- Perform other task or projects as assigned by management
- Have a flexible schedule and must work holidays
- Maintain a very clean and organized workstation and label your shift mise en place cart
- Must have a culinary degree and / or equivalent
- Must have practical experience working in a kitchen
- Ability to work all shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Oral proficiency in the English language required
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.aman.com/resorts/amangiri