As a Deli Server at General Gritts you will prepare deli foods and sandwiches in a high volume setting while providing outstanding customer service. You will also be responsible for food quality control, presentation and following a high standard of cleanliness. Additionally, assist the cashiers when needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to work on time in the proper uniform.
- Adhere to all company rules and regulations.
- Meet all guest needs during the transaction to achieve a positive experience.
- Prepare ingredients used to prepare sandwiches and salads to order.
- Ensure standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained daily.
- Use deli slicer to slice meats and cheeses.
- Operates the deli slicer with safety in mind.
- Follow safe practices on the job or while on Snowbird property.
- Reports safety hazards or concerns to supervisor as soon as possible.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Food Handler Permit
- Requires knowledge of using a slicer, toaster, point of sale cash register and scale.
- Cleans slicer, counters, and deli cases.
- Ensure a clean, safe work environment.
- Corporate grooming and uniform standards to maintain the professionalism of the deli.
- Knowledge and understanding of PCI DSS, including the safe and secure handling and maintenance of personal, financial and credit card information of guests/customers.
- Ensure a clean, safe work environment. Must abide by grooming and uniform standards to maintain professionalism in the deli.
- Part-Time – Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Specific Shift: 7:30am to 2:30pm or 9:30am to 5pm
- Deli hours of operation 7:30am to 5:00pm
- Deli inside a general store and Liquor store
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry trays and other items needed for service.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Work is routine in pleasant, comfortable surroundings. General retail store conditions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
- Contact with co-workers, supervisors, management, and staff from other departments.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/