At Summit Vista, we have a strong commitment to our employees. Our dedication to our staff shows in many ways, including our benefits. We offer a great benefit package consisting of health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, company paid life insurance, short term and long-term disability, 401k, accrued vacation, paid holidays, bereavement leave, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, and much more….
The Director of Culinary Arts orchestrates the integration of departments, provides meals, products and services to residents, departments, employees and vendors, striving for excellence. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the department continually which includes administration, budget oversite, quality assurance and control, nutrition, procuring supplies and equipment, cost control, training, sanitation/hazard analysis, critical control point and future planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes, directs and supervises all dietary service functions in consultation with the Dietitian.
- Provides residents with quality meals, responsive service and meets their nutritional requirements while providing the same level of products and service to other departments, vendors, guests and employees.
- Leads all departmental employee functions providing the facility with productive, responsive employees who are well trained, effectively managed, and maintain accurate and all necessary documentation to meets Human Resource guidelines.
- Responsible for fiscal management and accountability for the department. Implement systems and controls to achieve financial performance as established by the departmental budget including per meal costs, labor costs, and raw food costs.
- Orchestrates departmental administration, subordinate groups and related departments through effective leadership to enable the community to achieve its mission.
- Assure that all services and programs are in compliance with federal, state and/or local laws and statutes.
- Show professional knowledge, proficiency and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards.
- Develop departmental goals and objectives, formulate and implement tools for evaluations and methods for follow-up.
- Develop and/or approve written policies/procedures for the department to include: meal planning, purchasing, receiving, distribution, inventory, food production, quality control, sanitation HACCP, nutrition, and staff development.
- Responsible for ongoing evaluation of programs, operations, training, purchasing, personnel performance and cost accounting in order to maintain excellence or to bring about change in nutritional adequacy of meals, resident and staff acceptance of meals/service, new products/equipment, management systems, sanitation/safety and quality control and assurance.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of five years restaurant or food service management experience including training and education is recommended. College degree in Restaurant/Institution Management, Dietetics or Nutrition. Applicable experience acceptable.
Directly supervises the Dining Services Management team.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
All Managers, supervisors, and employees who serve alcohol must take and pass an alcohol server training seminar every three years and must complete the training within 30 days of commencing employment
ServSafe Certification required within 30 days of commencing employment