Director of Finance
Supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel, safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports
in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI Hotels and Resorts Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Executive Committee Responsibilities
• Ability to perform special financial analysis as needed and /or requested by General Manager and
• Practical solutions from a cost vs. benefits viewpoint. Provide accurate policy interpretations.
• Actively participate in Executive Committee and staff meetings.
• Assist other managers in analyzing statements, distributions, and other financial data.
• Support and comply with property standards and Corporate SOP’s.
Financial and Accounting Practices, Procedures, and Policies
• Skill in correcting deficiencies identified on Internal Audit report.
• Effective use of the Controller’s Checklist.
• Maintain effective cash control system with audits and reports for each period.
• Review security over assets and auditing inventories.
• Understanding of all pertinent leases, contracts, agreements, covenants, and restrictions.
• Knowledge of City, County, State sales tax laws and laws dealing with innkeepers, liquor, and labor.
• Schedule and coordinate the preparation and presentation of the annual operating budget.
• Coordinate all aspects of the capital expenditures budget according to SOP.
Capital Expenditure Control
• Control the Capital Expenditure program and complete ROI Analysis.
• Complete entries required for preparation of the financial statements. Review statements for inaccurate
data and make corrections within the following period.
• Inform the General Manager and HEI Corporate management of current and potential financial
• Keep management informed of sales and profit attainment throughout the period.
• Coordinate the property’s labor management system.
• Maintain appropriate standards for 60-90 day accounts. Conform to standards regarding the average
• Documenting the local credit policy and auditing property compliances.
• Approve all major accounts for credit as defined by local policy.
• Conduct credit and write-off meetings as requested.
• Submit accurate and timely critiques and credit loss reports as required.
• Review all major banquet functions and group accounts for proper credit extensions prior to arrival.
• Maintain standard regarding level of bad debt expenses as related to credit sales.
• Aggressively fulfill the accounts receivable management responsibilities to maximize receivable
Responses to Corporate Staff
• Complete financial required reports and requests from HEI Corporate offices. Establish other reports or
documents, outside of SOP’s as needed.
Balances in Asset and Liability Accounts
• Reconcile account balances on a current basis.
• Establish balances in accruals, pre-paid, and other accounts using proper accrual methods and expense
• Calculate various turn ratios and days available for major asset categories and compare to standards
(linen, gift shop, food, beverages, guest supplies, and uniforms).
• Work with Department Managers to control inventory balances according to established realistic pars.
• Comply with company procedures on deferring payments.
Management of Department
• Maintain and update job descriptions and standards for department.
• Ability to comply with corporate and local policies for wages paid (increases and timing).
• Establish an effective cross training program within the department.
• Identify, screen, and attract management candidates from outside the company.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Education and Experience
• B.S. in Accounting or Hotel Management preferred.
• 3+ years experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and Accounting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Analytical approach to problems, regard for detail and accuracy.
• Assertive personality, professional demeanor.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with
supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.heihotels.com/careers/