Brief Job Description:
The Food & Beverage Director will oversee all Food & Beverage operations at the club, including member dining, club and private event operations, bar service and a seasonal F&B outlet at the swimming pool. The Director is the public face of these operations. High visibility with a hands-on approach is critical for success. Positive and professional engagement with members, guests and staff is vital. Building a strong working relationship with the Management Team, Executive Chef, Culinary Staff, Event Director and Banquet Staff are important to the operation, ensuring a collaborative and harmonious relationship between the front and back of the house.
At The Cottonwood Country Club our mission is to provide our membership with the highest quality of service and a truly great club experience. We employ people who are genuinely enthusiastic about hospitality and approach customer service with the purest of attitudes. Our staff are the cornerstone of the club and their dedication to excellence provides an unparalleled experience for all members and guests. The club, located in Holladay, just a few minutes from downtown Salt Lake City, has 550 members and offers fine dining, casual dining, Event/Banquet Dining, 9-hole par 3 golf course, tennis, pickleball, fitness and aquatics.
- Daily oversight of all food & beverage dining services.
- Hires, trains, and supervises all service, banquet, bartender, and server assistant personnel.
- Provides ongoing development of staff by ensuring that effective orientation and training practices are conducted.
- Be an active and dynamic recruiter of team members and someone who inherently enjoys developing and building his/her team and leading them to significant, positive membership satisfaction outcomes.
- Involve associates in the decision-making process of how work gets done and create a work environment people want to come to and participate in every day.
- Have a passion and aptitude for teaching, training, and developing food service personnel, working, as necessary, with the managers directly responsible for those operations.
- Develops and maintains all departmental budgets and forecasting.
- Builds wine and cocktail menus to the delight of the membership, as well as plans and produces a variety of wine, beer and spirit dinner/events.
- Operates the department within budgetary guidelines for revenues and expenses.
- Assures a high standard of professional appearance and cleanliness in dining areas and with all dining personnel.
- Provides appropriate reports concerning employee hours and schedules to club accounting.
- Accurately reports all monthly invoices and receipts to accounting office.
- Oversees the monthly wine, alcohol, and beverage inventory. Accurately and timely reports to the club’s Controller.
- Responds to member and guest concerns in a timely manner regarding food, beverage, or service. Advises the General Manager.
- Serves as liaison to the Club’s House Committee and attends monthly House Committee Meetings.
- Directs pre-meal meetings with Assistant F&B Manager(s) and culinary staff.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness, while maintaining the quality and integrity of the department.
- Inspects the operation to ensure that all health, safety, liquor control and sanitation standards are consistently met.
- Holds weekly staff meetings with Executive Chef, Event Director & other F&B Managers to keep them informed of necessary and relevant activities and expectations at the Club.
- Attends the weekly department manager meeting.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other
- Responsible for long-range planning for the department in concert with the club’s planning process.
- Establishes and maintains professional business relations with vendors.
- As part of the management team, displays an attitude of loyalty, dedication, confidentiality and a willingness to cooperate with other team executives and staff. Accepts projects and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager and completes in a timely manner.
- The position suggests a degree from a hotel or restaurant training school/college and/or 5+ years progressive experience in Food & Beverage Management
- Private club and/or multi-unit experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with Jonas Club Management Software a plus
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation
- Meals while at the Club
- CMAA Membership Package & Continuing Education