Supervises all housekeeping operations and employees. Responsible for scheduling, activities, payroll, supplies, and a variety of supervisory functions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee all operations of the Housekeeping Department
- Provides outstanding guest and owner service. Resolves any guest and owner situations.
- Provides outstanding cleanliness standards. Communicates with housekeeping staff to keep them informed of rules and procedures. Maintains a high standard of work quality. Implements and monitors daily, weekly, and bi-annual cleaning projects. Prepares work schedules for Houseperson and Housekeeping staff.
- Communicates with managers of other departments.
- Ensures all housekeeping equipment is in working order.
- Assist with planning and implementation of deep-cleaning projects for maintenance and renovation periods.
- Responsible for maintaining and ordering cleaning supplies and room amenities (including linens).
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-4 years of job specific experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be 21+
- Demonstrate basic competency in reading, writing, speaking, simple arithmetic and interpersonal relations.
- Occasional guest shuttles in Snowbird Suburban are helpful but not required. A check of driving record is required to drive any Snowbird vehicle.
- Use of general office equipment. Use of cleaning equipment.
- Ability to work well with co-workers in all situations. Interact with guests and owners in a friendly and accommodating manner.
- Requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval.
- Requires some problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations.
- Requires strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
- Shifts vary, early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
- Specific Shift: Primarily 8am-4pm, Weekdays, Weekends, and Holiday, but responsible for 3pm-11pm Houseperson coverage. Must have a flexible schedule.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, at occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
- Other/Additional: Daily work with cleaning chemicals presents some hazards. Must use care with chemicals. Able to push or pull couches, move tables and chairs, and move rugs.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change.
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
The Lodge at Snowbird offers year-round recreation on the mountain and a friendly, relaxing atmosphere to return to at the end of the day. A cozy welcoming ownership condominium lodge, The Lodge at Snowbird offers the visiting vacationer everything necessary for the perfect holiday in any season.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/