To embody The Sorrel River Ranch standard by exceeding guest expectations in all areas of service. Work tirelessly to execute The Sorrel River Ranch mission through supporting The Sorrel River Ranch operations team and stepping up to complete any and all tasks that need to be do
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen, with an emphasis on menu evolution and exceeding guest satisfactions at this luxury boutique resort set in a spectacular outdoor setting. The Executive Chef will be integral in the upcoming repositioning of this resort.
If you are creative with a strong culinary background and enjoy being part of a small luxury resort, this is the perfect job for you. Your passion for service must be contagious and you would be a natural coach that loves to build effective teams and inspires individuals to do their best. This is a full-time, year-round position.
- Develop innovative restaurant and banquet menus. Demonstrate individuality in menu conceptions and be willing to implement new cooking techniques.
- Expertise in food product, presentation, quality and preparation; maintaining consistency in taste and quality.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all kitchen staff in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates. Establish and maintain a successful and positive working environment through proper training, discipline and support of all kitchen staff. Interview, hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, discipline and terminate as appropriate.
- Coordinate ordering and availability of product, supplies and equipment with management utilizing preferred vendors while maintaining budgeted cost of sales.
- Perform other tasks associated as necessary in order to achieve the financial performance and goals of the resort.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts or Sciences and/or a minimum of three years’ equivalent professional restaurant experience including a formal apprenticeship in an accredited restaurant.
- Aspiring and creative leader with the ability manage a small and busy kitchen that services the restaurant, pool bar, in-room dining and banquets.
- A seasoned professional with strong knowledge of cookery and culinary teams; who remains solution oriented when challenges arise.
- Highly motivated team player with strong technical and time management skills, who is self-directed, with initiative and desire for achievement; able to multi-task; lead, drive and is bottom-line oriented.
- Experience in inventory control, budgeting, food cost, labor costs, and scheduling is essential.
- Knowledge of luxury hospitality principles and practices is expected, along with familiarity of Microsoft Office and a POS software system.
- Bread and pastry training is an advantage.
- Foreign language skills such as Spanish is a definite plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays. Willing to train/cook on the line with staff.
We have limited rental housing available on a first come, first served basis. The starting rate of pay will be based on level of experience.
At Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa., we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a luxury resort, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.click2apply.net/AKxgbdSN7MqpXCrwaTg7N6