As Executive Meetings Manager, you will be responsible for all Group and Local sales efforts for one single Hotel or a collection of properties in the assigned territory. You will be responsible for contracting the business as well as managing the event through execution.
· Responsible for managing and maintaining accounts in CI/TY
· Specifically solicits groups within a 90 day window
· 30 qualified proactive calls per week comprising solicitations, cold calls, site visits, outside calls, appointments.
· Log all activities (including proactive initiatives and maintenance activities) in CITY.
· Submit weekly activity report and weekly schedule every Friday afternoon
· Complete action plans for annual sales and marketing plan
· Ensures business booked is within hotel parameters
· Processes all business correspondence within acceptable time limits as outlined in company SOPs. Creates proposals, contracts and other related booking documentation as required.
· Manages own events. This includes receiving rooming lists, educating client on cutoff dates/deadlines, attrition or cancellation charges, receiving payment. Detail event to include all food and beverage, set up, and AV needs. Ask appropriate questions/upsell to make sure details meet the group and Hotel’s needs.
· Create and distribute BEOs
· Create group resumes and communicate client needs to all department heads, and ensure hotel staff follows through.
· Effectively uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
· Sales Manager needs to be proactive, aggressive and have a good understanding of feeder markets and competitor hotels.
· Help organize sales blitzes or other special events.
· Attend weekly meetings as needed.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree preferred; however, any combination of education and training within hotel sales may also be considered. Minimum 1-2 years hotel sales preferred. Experience with CI/TY and MARSHA preferred; strong computer skills required.
· Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Short Term Disability
· Paid Time Off
· Hotel Discounts available to the Associate, Friends, and Family
· Commission Plan with great earning potential!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Salt Lake City, UT 84111: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel: 2 years (Required)
- Hospitality: 2 years (Required)
- Events: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Executive Meeting Manager job details loaded
CitySalt Lake City
Related Jobs (21)
Director of Sales, Residence Inn by Marriott, Provo, UT on November 9, 2023 Full Time