Assist the Executive Chef in all aspects of the main and/or banquet kitchens (ie. ordering, scheduling, sanitation, maintenance, employee development, performance reviews).
Day to Day:
- Responsible for proper preparation, excellence of product, profit and labor cost.
- Organize and help in the service of all activities concerning ala carte, employee meals and private dining rooms.
- Consistent preparation and presentation based on overall standards, including portion size, of daily special, salads, entrees, etc. as applicable per work assignment and as designated by Executive Chef which are produced within ClubCorps quality standards guidelines.
- To train, supervise, direct and/or performance manage employees when needed. To enhance the overall knowledge and team spirit of the kitchen staff, providing the 3 Steps of Service.
- To attend FB meetings, banquet meetings, and line up.
- Prepare work schedules for the kitchen crew, monitor payroll costs and Kronos reports as requested.
- Ordering, receiving and proper rotation of food and kitchen goods.
- Menu development for the ala carte and banquet menus, and any other special request by a Member or the Executive Chef.
- Responsible for the expediting at any meal period and ensuring proper quality, portioning and presentation.
- Adhere to all cleaning schedules and duties set up by the Executive Chef.
- Responsible for cleanliness and sanitation of individual work area and kitchen, including equipment, counters, tools, waste areas, etc.
- Assist fellow Employee, Members, and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last-minute requests as needed.
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Be able to multi-task and work at an efficient pace to keep up with business needs.
- Be able to follow instructions well as directed.
- Follow all service department, club and corporate guidelines and policies as instructed by supervisor, policies, and manuals.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas, including the kitchen, and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
Wearing a CLEAN and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily. About you:
- 2-3 years as pastry chef
- Prefer culinary training
- Health Sanitation Card
- Ability to communicate and follow instructions.
- Indoor environment, fast pace
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://clubcorp.jobs.net/en-US/job/executive-pasty-chef/J3M4FZ6G0XGL89GTLC7