As an administrative assistant to food and beverage you will assist in any and all aspects of daily operations. Assist other managers and departments as necessary.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Run and compile reports weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and for year-end (Wrike, Stratton Warren, InfoGenesis, OpenTable and Uncorked, etc.) Provide necessary reports to Directors and Executives upon request.
- Respond to correspondence as required. Assist with communication emails to everyone at Snowbird for special events and various information updates.
- Office Administration: ordering, organizing, filing, data entry. Menu formatting, typing, creating graphs and reports. Answer phone lines, assist internal department and provide guest information and customer service. Update and maintain phone line information.
- Take dinner reservations and input them in OpenTable dinner reservation system appropriately. Assist in keeping guest history accurate and clean database.
- Distribution of Food & Beverage information. Assist compiling marketing work order in a timely manner, assist in creating menu marketing pieces.
- Assist with cleaning reports, Health Department inspections, maintenance reports and follow-up.
- Attend various meetings and takes minutes of the necessary meetings.
- Assist in maintaining & correcting employee time keeping
- Assist in preparing or correcting restaurant, banquet, or special event checks & transactions.
- Assist internal department managers, guests, clients, and potential clients that call or walk into the office by answering questions or directing them to the appropriate person.
- Maintain records and restaurant hours of operation on website, marketing & recording.
- Travel: Occasional trips to Salt Lake Valley
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Additional related work experience may be substituted for education.
- 6+ months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Food Handler Permit, Tips Cert
- Understanding of restaurant operation is imperative as well as strong written communication skills including grammar and spelling. Strong oral and telephone skills are imperative. Must be a proficient computer user. Must be an intermediate to advanced user of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point. Knowledge of InfoGenesis, sms Host, Wrike, OpenTable, Delphi and Stratton Warren preferred.
- Interactive Skills, communication skills, customer service skills, interaction with senior level management on regular basis. Must have ability to handle correspondence, compose business communications, maintain files. Must have ability to discuss with customers and co-workers’ various restaurants and properties. Requires the ability to clearly communicate client and guest requirements to all essential departments.
- Must always have strong attention to detail.
- May complete record keeping and other duties as needed.
- Ability to handle, process, maintain and protect guest personal information, including credit card information, in compliance with all company or department policies and procedures according to PCI rules and requirements. This includes privacy and confidentiality, reporting, storage, and disposal of sensitive information. Will not share or disclose any guest personal or financial information to anyone unless authorized by the guest, manager or company or unless disclosure is permitted within departmental policies and procedures.
- Self-management, organizing, must exhibit sense of urgency when necessary. Assistance on keeping client database and information accurate. Must be creative in assisting with development of reports, sometimes with very little time. Confidentiality is imperative (employee, guest, client, etc. information).
- Must have the ability to work well with all departments and work without supervision. Must be able to problem-solve, multi–task, and coordinate successfully in stressful situations. Must be able to maintain a high level of interdepartmental confidentiality, considering all information received is confidential.
- Tuesday-Saturday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, with some nights and weekends as required by workload and special events.
- Must have flexible schedule, as hours may vary.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to carry trays and other items needed for service.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- General office environment with limited physical activity.
- Work is routine in pleasant, comfortable surroundings. General office conditions prevail.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned ski and summer resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain.”
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/
Related Jobs (11)
Operation Manager, Student Success Solutions- Utah Global on November 7, 2023 Full Time