Classic, consistent quality from a winning team!
Deer Valley Resort is nestled in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah, in the historic mining town of Park City which has evolved into an exciting and diverse mountain ski town. Our staff consists of locals, transplants, seasonal workers from all 50 states and international students from around the globe. We are a diverse workforce where everyone feels welcome, appreciated, and valued. No matter if you are 14 or 84 years, there is a place for you in the Deer Valley family! (Last year over 1,100 staff members celebrated their fifth season or more at Deer Valley).
- $20 per hour minimum starting wage for non-tipped position
- Ski perks (vary based on employment status) may include Deer Valley season pass, free skiing or riding at other Alterra Resorts and select local Utah resorts
- Friends and family ski discounts, free staff ski lessons and discounted rentals (winter staff only)
- Subsidized meals at Employee Dining Rooms offered for staff while on shift
- Subsidized housing options available for seasonal full-time staff
- Discounts for staff members at restaurants, shops, and service providers in Park City
- Healthcare options, vision and dental benefits are available for staff members
- 401k plan with company match
**This position is not available for international applicants**
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To work as a Cook, Steward, or Chef within one of Deer Valley’s kitchen locations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- FOOD PREPARATION: Create lively and flavorful dishes, adhering to production standards and time constraints, gaining Sous Chef or Executive Chef approval
- FOOD PRESENTATIONS: Change pans regularly and maintain a clean workspace, restock food supplies, and make sure all mise-en-place is in sufficient quantities for the day’s counts
- GUEST SERVICE: Work in a prompt, friendly, and efficient manner, assist servers during busy times to speed guests through lines, and greet guests as encountered
- Demonstrate proper operation of equipment, use of knives and other kitchen tools, and work cooperatively with stewards and ask politely for their assistance when needed
- Work safely to prevent injuries, cleaning lines at the end of the day
- Keep work and service areas uncluttered, especially walk-in coolers
- Store and rotate food to ensure freshness and avoid waste, labelling leftover products and storing them in appropriate areas of cooler or kitchen.
- Take daily inventories
- Must be able to work well with other employees, be able to learn quickly and handle pressure well
- Must be flexible with schedule and available to work weekends and holidays
- Able to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, environment
- Outstanding guest relation skills
- Able to lift and carry 25-50 lbs., stand for long periods of time, withstand frequent up-and-down/ twisting/repetitive movements, and reach with hands/arms to handle objects, tools, or controls
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
- 11/27/2023 – 04/14/2024
- $20.00-$22.50 per hour
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.deervalley.com/get-in-touch/employment