As a member of the f&b management team, the Assistant Manager is instrumental in developing and fulfilling the short/long term goals for the property and executing the F&B philosophy. This position is responsible for creating an atmosphere that will inspire guests and associates to return. The above goals will be accomplished by the proper implementation, promotion and success of our operations through continual evaluation of the products/services provided while insuring effective training of the service teams as well as makes sure operations are running to standard. The individual will instill a strong atmosphere of service excellence in order to promote self-motivation and will redirect performance as soon as discrepancies are observed/experienced. A key part of every employee’s job is to serve as a Snowbasin ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read, understand and abide by the employee handbook and resort & department polices & procedures.
- Maintain a positive work environment by managing, leading, working and communicating in a courteous and professional manner with all guests, co-workers and vendors.
- Lead by example, fostering departmental teamwork and collaboration.
- Maintain awareness of all safety, state & federal sanitation and security procedures relevant to the department and property. Ensure department members are familiar with and adhere to them as well.
- Maintain awareness of resort occupancy levels, reservations, group business and special requests or functions and their potential affect on the operations.
- Acts manager on duty while working in the restaurant.
- Support the financial and marketing directives of the location
- Perform any reasonable tasks as requested by management.
- Exceed required standards/goals to achieve superior guest service by applying our documented service standards at all times and redirect the team when required.
- Maintain a presence on the floor during hours of operation and corrects/supports other servers bartenders.
- Required to take and serve tables, bus, bartend, and host as needed; especially during slower periods.
- Tests quality of food and makes sure recipes are consistent and food is consistently presented.
- Maintains cleanliness of facility
- Schedule FOH staff to reflect proper business variances.
- Maintains FOH related stock and maintains and enforces inventory procedures.
- Disciplines FOH staff as necessary for delinquencies in duties or poor behavior
- Ensure all reporting and time sensitive needs are supplied to appropriate parties when required (historical records, financials, payroll, email, HR needs, schedules logs, etc).
- Actively supervise the greetings of our guests.
- Maintains required inventories and par stock levels.
- Runs day-to-day FOH operations
- Helps as necessary for events or as instructed.
- Attend and contribute to required meetings and training classes.
- Creates effective incentive/sales programs that positively affect profits, revenues and guest experiences.
- Works to build cocktail and wine lists and beer line-ups
- Supervises restaurant cash drop accuracy and makes corrections as needed
- Develops specials and Apres ski events
- Works continually to grow revenue streams especially the beverage segment
- Personal computer, telephone, copy machine, fax and other basic office equipment
- Point-of-sale System
- Wine key
- Coffee & espresso machine
- Mop & Dishwasher
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
- Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Snowbasin Resort guests at all times.
- Promptly report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s).
- Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Resort’s Occupational Safety & Health Compliance Manual and department-specific procedures or manuals.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
- Drive in accordance with the law and Snowbasin Resort policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have 2-3 years of experience in a similar role. Must have basic proficiency of Microsoft Word & Excel software applications. Must possess good knowledge of service, wine and spirit service.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Able to accurately read and make measurements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Utah Food Handler’s Permit
- Sips & Tips Certification
- ServSafe Certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/careercenter/v2/?cid=7707