Downtown Salt Lake City is growing and we want you to be a part of it! Come be the leader of a fun, energetic, and close-knit group of hospitality professionals as we work together to create an ideal place to work and stay. We are a group that loves hospitality and we are passionate about our team and about our guests! We are looking for a creative and energetic individual that is ready to put their stamp on our hotel. Put your hard-earned skills and knowledge to work in an environment where you are trusted to make decisions and be an integral part of our success.
The AC Hotel by Marriott brand believes in a ‘beverage and food’ concept that is designed for today’s modern traveler. This position will report to the General Manager and Assistant General Manager. You will lead our B&F team in the operations of the AC Lounge (Full craft cocktail bar) and AC Kitchen (breakfast). We have an outstanding staff in both our bar and kitchen and you will be walking in to an established positive and productive work environment. You will also work closely with our sales team with meetings, events, and catering. We are looking to continually grow our offerings in our bar and expand our local following while providing the best hotel bar for our traveling guests. We are looking for a leader to help us re-launch our evening tapas menu in compliance with Marriott brand standards. You will be a part of the hotel executive team and help to curate activities and programs to keep our team and our guests engaged. Be the cheerleader and help make this a fun and productive place to work! Adhere to budgetary goals by maximizing revenue and controlling costs to include labor through proper training and scheduling. You will own the ordering process for the bar, restaurant, and catering and will ensure profitability through strong inventory management. You will guide the B&F department in a positive direction understanding the diverse workforce and proactive recruitment of qualified candidates. Manage brand training; understand Human Resources, and regulatory agency requirements. You will ensure 100% compliance with all DABS standards and health department regulations. Must have an absolute commitment to provide the highest quality service to our guests. Salary $52,000 – $60,000 DOE
At PEG Hospitality Group it’s our associates that make us successful, and we believe in taking good care of them. Both full and part-time associates are eligible to enroll in our benefit plan offerings after you have completed 30 days with us. Additionally, you’ll be eligible to receive paid time off and holiday pay. We also offer generous parental leave benefits, a 401k savings plan, hotel stay discounts. If you need your pay a little earlier, we have you covered with our partner, PayActive. Treating one another with respect, inspiring each other to be our best, and being diligent in the work we do, are our core values. If these are important to you and you want to find a place where your hard work and commitment are appreciated and rewarded, join us!
JOB SUMMARY: The F&B Manager will lead and manage service team to offer a one of kind culinary experience. Take ownership of the bar and restaurant; ensure the bar and restaurant operate beautifully, efficiently and profitably every shift and every day. Exemplify gracious hospitality and sincere respect in all interactions. Maintain open lines of communication in a positive work environment. Continue to be a student of our concept and the industry by seeking out opportunities improve sales and profitability, to learn more and improve. Be a dedicated teacher committed to developing the hourly team. You are a public relations representative of because of the many guests you will meet, you are always expected to represent our restaurant and company in a positive light.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage daily operations understand, practice and teach policies and procedures. Lead service, develop, coach and consistently execute service standards. Impact service by being on the floor during peak service times. Earn the confidence of the team by consistently running a smooth shift. Exemplify professionalism and enlightened hospitality in all interactions and especially in difficult situations. Ensure consistent execution of steps of service by hold staff accountable. Manage financial results, understand and execute restaurant plan to stay within department budgets and maximize profits. Actively manage inventory and waste to meet cost targets. Demonstrate proficiency in cash management. Ensure check register, cash outs, bank logs, inventory and deposits are accurate and executed according to standard. Effectively manage service labor, scheduling and payroll. Proficiency with tools such as Point of Sales systems.
SAFETY: Communicate any major facility or operational emergencies to Director of F&B or GM immediately. Maintain a detailed daily log to communicate between shifts and prevent issues from reoccurring. Regularly conduct service team meetings. Provide a safe, clean, organized and sanitary work environment. Understand and ensure all ABC laws, Health Standards, federal and state laws are met. Correct all violations with a sense of urgency. All employees are required to wear non-slip shoes. Be aware of any ice or water on the floor, glass breaks, or spills in any area.
- Position requires a minimum of 2+ years of restaurant or bar management experience and 5+ years of bar, restaurant, or related experience.
- Must have the ability to create and maintain a positive work environment and model ideal attitude and work ethic with team.
- Must have an understanding of Utah DABS regulations and compliance.
- Must posses or have the ability to obtain required food manager certification and Utah alcohol manager certification.
- Requires developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of employees.
- Ability to assess/evaluate other employees’ performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Previous supervisory experience in hotel F&B operations a plus but not required.
- Flexible schedule. While this is a 40 hour/week position you will be supervising outlets with varied hours of service. You will be expected to work with the general manager to create a schedule that allows you to help in all aspects of the B&F department. You will be expected to have the ability to adjust your schedule based on high volume days/times and according to the needs of your department.
- This is a full-time year-round position.
- In this position you will be required to use your personal vehicle to collect DABS orders. There will be other times where you will need to pick up catering and other supplies for the B&F department. You will be reimbursed for mileage at the current federal mileage rate. You will be responsible for maintaining your own vehicle and for all insurance.
- This position is extremely physical in nature. All employees must expect the following for sustained periods during each work shift:
- Sustained standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting of potentially heavy loads, sitting, twisting, etc.
CitySalt Lake City, UT
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=e409d1e0-cef7-4375-8075-9a7a41435adf&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=457685&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Related Jobs (50)
Food Server – Nutrition Care Patient Service Representative on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server – Evenings on November 22, 2022 Part Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) EVENINGS on November 22, 2022 Full Time