t is an exciting time at the Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek and the hotel has great opportunities to join our team. We are located in the heart of the city and near the downtown area’s most popular attractions. Our inviting hotel captures Salt Lake City’s love for nature and the traveler’s desire for modern style. Located across the street from The Salt Palace Convention Center and just one block from multiple TRAX stops, the hotel thrives off the fast-paced convention and group business.
We offer Health, Dental and Vision benefits, discounted parking and TRAX passes for our associates as well as competitive pay in an environment that promotes growth and development. Apply today to discover your next great adventure in Salt Lake City!
Plan and manage the Salt Stone Restaurant, Room Service and other food and beverage outlets (Starbucks) as appropriate in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
- Manage day to day operations for Salt Stone Tavern, Room Service, Destinations Lounge and Starbucks Coffee Shop.
- Support other F&B areas including banquets.
- Control and manage all areas of cost management including cost of food, beverage, salaries and wages, and other expenses.
- Plan and manage the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food and beverages in the hotel in a safe, sanitary, and cost effective manner.
- Manage the Human Resources within the division. Direct and oversee recruitment and development of associates; interview, hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews, resolve conflict through fair treatment policy, discipline and terminate as appropriate.
- Implement and manage all company programs to ensure compliance with the SOPs and LSOPs; to include safety and sanitary regulation, all federal, state, franchise, and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest.
- Market the Food and Beverage outlets; develop and manage the implementation of menus, package deals, promotions, displays, decorations and presentations within corporate guidelines to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market to meet/exceed sales and financial goals and objectives.
- Develop, implement and manage the department’s business/marketing plan and budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control the labor and food costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget objectives.
- Develop and implement menus and back-up (use records, production lists, pars, training, etc…) within corporate guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Manage the maintenance/sanitation of the Food and Beverage areas and equipment in the hotel to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
- Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Execute and promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of post high school education.
- Minimum of five years of employment in a related position.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment – you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family’s needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our ‘YouDecide’ and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://careers-heihotels.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchCompany=11636&mobile=false&width=1225&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-420&jun1offset=-360