Under general supervision, the Food Service Specialist performs a variety of food service duties.
Entry Rate: $13.58 + depending on experience
Benefits Eligible: Any positions that work 20+ hours/week
Department: Culinary Services
Additional Details: We have part-time and full-time openings across the state of Utah as well as in Burley Idaho
Perks of Working for Intermountain
Health and Wellness Programs including a Live Well Incentive Program
401(k) 2% for all caregivers with additional matching up to 4%
Over 302,000 discount offers across 10,000 cities on everything from pizza, the zoo, movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels
Education Assistance (must be benefits eligible)
Tuition Loan Assistance for full-time caregivers (available for select positions), up to $3,000 per calendar year
Education and Development Opportunities
Employee Appreciation Events (including a yearly gift)
Many facilities have full-service cafés, gift shops, and ATMs onsite
CNA Scholarships and Tuition Assistance available for select certification (must be benefits eligible + employed by Intermountain Healthcare for 90 days) call 800-283-4550 (Option 2) or visit https://www.gwcu.org/CNAScholarship
Cell Phone Discounts (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile)
1. Obtains food and/or supplies from storeroom.
2. Delivers and presents trays to patients using patient identifier process.
3. Stocks and cleans.
4. Independently resolves customer service issues.
5. Performs accurate cash/credit transactions according to corporate standards.
6. Balances and reconciles drawer.
7. Knows menu, portion, and price prior to meal service to provide appropriate service to customers, including answering questions and serving food.
8. Sets up and services catered functions according to requested level and scope of service.
9. Performs food preparation functions (following standard recipe, assembling ingredients), for example, prepares salads, sandwiches, vegetables, and fruit.
10. Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
11. Maintains an organized and sanitary working environment.
12. Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product.
13. Performs housekeeping functions including cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, floor care, and equipment (oven, fryer, hoods).
14. Follows HACCP standards.
- Food Handler’s Permit (as required by the County).
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle problems and difficult situations.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- One year of food service or cashier experience.
- Hospital food service experience.