PURPOSE OF POSITION: This position is responsible for assisting the Goldener Hirsch Inn Executive Chef with all food production and operations at the Goldener Hirsch Inn and banquet facilities.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in culinary skills and management
- Must possess the knowledge and skills to create incredible tasting dishes focusing on food trends and fresh local produce Must have a current Utah State food Handler’s permit and or a Serve Safe Certificate
- Must be able to work well with a variety of cultures and cooperatively with all other departments
- Must also be able to speak and communicate in English while on exhibition kitchen lines, in front of and with all Goldener Hirsch Guests
- Lifting and carrying at least 40 lbs
- Withstand frequent up-an-down/twisting/repetitive movements
- Requires exposure to machines, heat, steam, foodstuffs, cleaning chemicals and solvents
- Requires manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination for food preparation
- Must be able to operate simple to complex kitchen equipment
- S.M.A.R.T. Card certification.
- Utah Food Handlers certification.
- Stay knowledgeable of current food trends and develop new menu items
- Be familiar with international, domestic and special diet cuisine preparation
- Operate the kitchen and direct kitchen personnel
- Ability to create order guides, order and receive products, (including specialty products), and maintain a positive relationship with all purveyors
- Work with and assist FOH managers and restaurant staff including training with front of house employees to kitchen procedures as necessary
- Oversee and maintain food storage areas, ensuring proper organization and rotation of food as to prevent any loss
- Oversee all kitchen operations and outlets in daily operations and in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Oversee and complete physical inventory counts with accuracy at the end of each month, including price updates and input.
- Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste and presentation
- Control food costs based on forecasting, efficient food production planned requisitioning and careful attention to established product specifications
- Control labor costs and carry out administrative functions pertaining to forecasting, payroll, scheduling, recruiting, training, supervising, discipline, etc.
- Organize an efficient flow of production and maintain minimum but adequate staffing
- Set up a control system through recipes; assuring quality and portion consistency
- Maintain a good and reliable staff; to motivate, train and promote personnel with potential
- Maintain safe and sanitary working conditions for employees and with accordance to health codes
- Ensure that high standard of dress, personal hygiene, and safety is maintained by all employees
- Think positively and cooperate willingly with Food and Beverage Director in all phases of our operations
- Maintain a general quality and style consistency in food offerings between lodges
- Ensure proper maintenance and care is exhibited by all employees toward the operations, equipment and facility
- Maintain a positive rapport with guests even at busy and hectic times
- Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the kitchen at any given point in time.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure
- May be required to work outdoors as business demand dictates.
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts.
- May work near toxic/hazardous chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business demand dictates.
- Frequent walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitewww.deervalley.com/jobs