The Housekeeping Director is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Housekeeping
Department operates in an efficient manner providing all members and guests with quality service
and a clean and assists with providing a safe environment, along with effectively managing
department staff, departmental expenses and maximizing service levels.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Assure that the highest standards of cleanliness and an impeccable appearance is maintained
at all of the company’s facilities.
• Assure that standards and procedures for the department are followed.
• Select and manages vendors.
• Order housekeeping supplies, linens and towels and amenities for washroom facilities for all
• Assure that equipment is in working order such as vacuums, floor buffers and other pieces of
equipment assigned to the housekeeping department.
• Assure that inventory counts are performed on a weekly basis.
• Interview, hire and train team members who report to this position.
• Provide positive solutions when issues arise both inside the housekeeping department but
also with other departments that are related to housekeeping.
• Direct the lead housekeepers and provide clear guidelines and expectations and meet on a
• Perform formal evaluations with housekeeping team members, at a minimum annually.
• Direct the housekeeping team in conjunction with the leads.
• Provide feedback, coaching and counseling as necessary.
• Assure that team have necessary supplies to do their jobs effectively.
• Establish annual housekeeping budget and monitor to keep within established limits.
• Provide prompt monthly budget variances as outlined by the accounting team.
• Monitor and approve daily timecards for housekeeping team.
• Assist with Spanish translation as requested.
• Inspect Discovery Homes as requested from Sales Department personnel.
• Assist with construction clean as requested.
• Perform deep cleans as necessary with all facilities.
• Communicate regularly with General Manager.
• Assure that housekeeping vehicle(s) are maintained for safety, maintenance, inspections and
cleanliness; assuring that these tasks are completed timely.
• Follow all the vehicle safety protocols and assure that drivers met expectations.
• Attend weekly department head meetings.
• Provide and maintains a positive work environment.
• Communicate regularly with other department heads to assure needs are being met
regarding housekeeping needs.
• Assist with tasks related to other departments as needed.
• Attend calendar and special events and provide housekeeping duties as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school degree required; degree desired but not required.
• Three to five years of housekeeping management experience in the service industry.
• Excellent knowledge of all aspects of housekeeping.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
• Ability to make decisions and create a positive work environment.
• Always act calmly and professionally.
• Affective in resolving conflicts including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving
problems as necessary.
• Must be flexible with work schedules includes working days/evenings/weekends and
BENEFTIS and SALARY:
• Health Benefits offered with an extremely low employee subsidy towards elected plans.
• Life insurance, short and long-term disability benefit, subsidized 100% by the company.
• Voluntary life options.
• Supplemental insurance options.
• Generous paid time off benefits.
• Holiday benefit.
• 401k plan.
• Employee meals.
• Ski and golf benefits.
• Reward and recognition programs.
• And much more.
• Excellent compensation offered with a bonus component.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.taliskerclub.com/careers/