To monitor, manage and coordinate exceptional housekeeping services that will be provided by the housekeeping staff to each guest staying at The Lodge at Blue Sky. The Housekeeping Manager reports directly to the Rooms Operations Manager and is responsible for providing guidance and day to day management of the housekeeping department.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Oversee the operation of Housekeeping and Laundry. Ensure the highest possible degree of cleanliness, maintenance and aesthetic value is achieved.
- Develop and implement departmental standards, policies and procedures to ensure a consistent level of cleanliness in guest rooms, public areas, restaurant, bar, spa, pool and all other appropriate areas.
- Lead Housekeeping team by treating staff respectfully and fairly. Provide supportive documentation to motivate, evaluate, mentor, schedule, recognize and discipline.
- Establish effective daily communication with Guest Services to ensure guest expectations and preferences are met. Coordinate arrival and departure patterns appropriately.
- Responsible for weekly scheduling, daily room assignments and inspections to ensure efficient use of labor.
- Review payroll to budget weekly.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships, ensuring product, service and pricing are appropriate.
- Purchase and control inventory of linen, guest supplies, and cleaning supplies.
- Implement safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment. Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, training and proper labeling of supplies in accordance with resort standards.
- Ensure all employees adhere to resort grooming and uniform standards.
- Lead pre-shift meetings to review daily activities, arrivals, standards and guest information.
- Maintain respect for guest confidentiality and personal items.
- Engage each guest with a smile and appropriate greeting, using the guest’s name whenever appropriate. Graciously accommodate guest requests.
- Make suggestions for improvement in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest satisfaction, revenue and cost reduction.
- Maintain close and efficient communication with the Engineering team and management, in order to ensure that the hotel product is constantly kept in excellent condition.
- Demonstrate and uphold Auberge Resorts Core Standards at all times.
- Respond properly and take appropriate leadership role in any property emergency or safety situation.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Ability to push or pull a maid cart weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Minimum three years experience as Housekeeper in a luxury resort environment.
- Extensive knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, use and requirements of equipment.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- High school graduate.
- Knowledge of SMS, Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Knowledge of local geographic area, competitors and business trends.
- Knowledge of destination, activities, food & beverage and spa.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and common sense.
- Ability to speak and write fluent English with guests, co-workers and managers.
- Ability to read labels, instructions and checklists.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist.
- General computer skills.
- Ability to motivate staff and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to assess staff training needs and provide such training.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of resort guests and pertinent resort information.
- Ability to ensure security of guest room access and resort property.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through.
- Ability to think clearly, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruiting2.ultipro.com/BLU1025BSCRL/JobBoard/8b6e1df2-a6b1-43ae-aa6e-53e93df07eb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=14f62a41-41d4-48c2-9072-7f19fb8fcd65