Assistant Housekeeper will be responsible for maintaining guestrooms, working areas, and the hotel premises in general in a clean and orderly manner. Also coordinating daily operations and maintaining the housekeeping operating standards. Responsible for supervising room attendants, laundry attendants and housepersons to deliver an excellent guest experience. Visual inspection of guest rooms and public spaces to ensure brand standards in cleaning and appearance are adhered to.
He/She should maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all housekeeping departmental policies/service and also the hotel’s procedures/standards. Additionally, maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Responsible for smooth operation of the housekeeping area(s) as assigned.
- Supervise Room Attendants, Housepersons and Laundry Attendants
- Organizes and facilitates the room making process.
- Daily allocation of rooms and deep cleaning tasks to team.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms, corridors, and heart of the house area of the floor.
- Checks the occupied and departure rooms, giving special attention to guest needs.
- Manage guest requests, communicating them to the relevant employees and departments
- Routine inspection of guest bedrooms to ensure they meet standards.
- Aware of all room categories and amenities.
- Achieve positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Carry out lost and found procedures.
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance/Engineering Department.
- Assist Executive Housekeeper or AGM with training requirements.
- Represent the needs of the team to others in the hotel.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, stoop and carry for prolonged periods of time as customary in a housekeeping role.
- Must be able to push up to 75 lbs., lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Previous hotel experience highly desirable.
- Two to three years of hotel housekeeping experience.
- Experience managing/leading people.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.click2apply.net/JBbAklhQQyaRpfaRbs7mQB