This position is responsible for supporting the Executive Housekeeper and all Housekeeping staff which includes inspecting rooms, replenishing supplies on housekeeping carts for working Room Attendants, ensuring all public space is well kept and cleaned, cleaning guest rooms, and ensures ample supplies and linen inventory is maintained at all times.
Reports to: Executive Housekeeper
Supervises: Laundry Attendant, Facility Attendant, and Room Attendants
Interfaces with: Guests, vendors & associates
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Ensure all guestrooms are cleaned and contain all required amenities according to current brand standard.
- Practice positive guest relations by demonstrating Western states Lodging & Management hospitality and service standards.
- Ensure Laundry area is operating properly and linens are cleaned correctly according to local health department standards.
- Ensure MSDS book is kept current and is available for reference.
- Responsible for training staff for proper cleaning techniques to ensure a safe work environment.
- Responsible for scheduling staff weekly based on business demands.
- Ensure rooms are broken out daily for housekeeping assignments.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and ordering for in-room and operational supplies.
- Quarterly linen inventory
- Ensure rooms are in good condition and report work orders or deficiencies to maintenance
- Review housekeeping boards daily to ensure rooms cleaned vs. rooms occupied are correct.
- Review rooms cleaned with General Manager for correct payroll processing
- Responsible for maintaining accurate lost and found records and inventory and ensuring items are returned to guest whenever possible.
- Work with Front desk to ensure room status is kept current.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
- Minimum lifting requirement
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
- Bilingual preferred